• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon and Material Components

Shin Okada

Explorer
Unless a Dragon has Eschew Materials feat, it still need to carry material components in person or be touching the materials. How are you DMs handling this? Do you let it carry a dragon-sized material component pouch? Or do you just let him sit on a pile of various materials? But in the latter way, a dragon can't cast most of the spells when he is flying or otherwise not sitting on that pile. Giving Eschew Materials feat could be a way, but I am still running a "3.0e Core Rules Only" campaign and do not let a monster taka a feat which is not available to PCs.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
I'm prone to give sorcerers the benefit of EM for free, anyway. Even if not, dragons should get it as a bonus feat as soon as they get spellcasting.

Moonglum

First Post
KaeYoss said:
I'm prone to give sorcerers the benefit of EM for free, anyway. Even if not, dragons should get it as a bonus feat as soon as they get spellcasting.
Never even thought about this before... I've been giving them EM from the start of 3.0 just because it seems to fit the context of the Dragon archetype.

Remove ads