D&D 5E Dragon+ -- any reasonably accessible way to read this?

seebs

Adventurer
Which is to say: PDF or HTML or something as a plain download, rather than their gratuitously complicated and unusable web interface? Not an "app". Just a document I can read.

There's http://www.dragonmag.com/ but it's the same interface.

The site wastes vertical space and has permanent sidebars you can't get rid of.

Oh, and just about everything is a link to a video, podcast, or to Wizards.com. The links to Wizards.com are often links to videos or podcasts.

No one buys actual magazines anymore. So going digital and getting on Apple's periodical list makes sense. The app just goes along with that.

But the web version is awkward. It's almost like WotC isn't a software company and doesn't make good digital products or something...
There used to be a "mail me the article" button that was handy for making copies, but I don't see it anymore.

seebs

Adventurer
I am pretty sure some people buy physical magazines. Heck, I might be one of them if they had one. But mostly, I really don't want gaming content to be stuck in some kind of crazy proprietary thing. I want a working download I can keep and continue using in the future, or I'm not going to use it in my games, because if it goes away I'll be screwed, and I have zero confidence in WotC not to break old online content.

Remove ads