Dragon Generator

Wippit Guud

First Post
Well, no DMG at work, and SRD doesn't have the table but some examples....

Selective Diet
Obsession with specific metal/gem/art type
Fondess for animal/plant/human females
Insanity!
Deadly sins (vanity, gluttony)

Lots of ways to go with that

EOL

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
I may well try that, though it's harder than it sounds. Any idea of what spells I should include? If we could come up with a quick list, I'd try to include it... it would take at least 4h to write, though, plus time to test. That's a week or two, once I've fit it into my schedule.
Sure I'll give you my take on a default dragon spell list(only using spells from the PHB), ranked in priority in each level:

0th- Detect Magic, Resistance, Detect Poison, Read Magic, Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Open/Close, Mending
1st- Mage Armor, Shield, Obscuring Mist, Charm Person, Alarm
2nd- Cat's Grace, Endurance, Fog Cloud, See Invisibility, Bull's Str.
3rd- Haste, Dispel Magic, Displacement, Protection From Elements
4th- Minor Globe of Inv., Improved Invisibility, Confusion
5th- Cloudkill, Dominate Person, Summon Monster V, Teleport
6th- Greater Dispelling, Globe of Inv., Programmed Image
7th- Spell Turning, Greater Scrying, Forcecage
8th- Mass Charm, Maze, Protection from Spells
9th- Dominate Monster, Wail of the Banshee

I'm not sure how good this list is, so I cross-posted it on the rules forum at:

http://www.enworld.org/messageboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5362

Hopefully I'll get some good feedback.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
I've done:
* Minor fixes to skills - fiendish dragons should have more skills, for example.
* Expand "LG", etc. for MM blocks
* Fill in sample spells - very hard

Still left:
* Random feat selection
* Random skill selection
* Different hit point calculation types
* More templates
* "Always" -> "Usually" for lung dragons
* Random generation by CR - harder than I thought (some re-coding needed)
* Better support for Netscape

smetzger

Explorer
EOL said:

Sure I'll give you my take on a default dragon spell list(only using spells from the PHB), ranked in priority in each level:

Thats a good start. But... you'll need a different list for those Dragons that can cast Divine spells.

EOL

First Post
smetzger said:

Thats a good start. But... you'll need a different list for those Dragons that can cast Divine spells.

That was basically taken care off on the cross post on the rules forum. (Follow the link in my first post)

EOL

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
What features are up next?
Personally I would like to see different hit point calculations. Being able to adjust from a default of 50% all the way up to 100% (and down as well I guess though why anybody would???) would be a feature I would definitely use.

drowdude

First Post
I would be interested in seeing random feat and skill selections; different HP calculations; templates from the Manual of the Planes; ability to select the alignment and maybe type in the dragon's name.... heh, nothing else springs to mind immediately...

edit: oh and a way to add class levels to the dragons... I know that would probably be difficult to implement and all... but it would be kewl :D

Last edited:

Remove ads