• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Hoard Generator?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I'm putting my PCs up against a dragon this weekend (and if you're one of my players and you even clicked on this topic, shame on you!). I believe I have some good tactics lined up (I'm using a brown dragon and will be having plenty of fun with the terrain, and will make use of allies, cohorts, and escape routes), but if they do beat him, I want a really good hoard.

In short, is there something as specialized as a dragon hoard generator out there? I have some links to regular treasure generators, but I was curious as to if there was a hoard one. I do have some individual items lined up, but I wanted some help with the bulk of the rest. Thanks in advance!

MythosaAkira

Explorer
Ray Silver said:
In short, is there something as specialized as a dragon hoard generator out there? I have some links to regular treasure generators, but I was curious as to if there was a hoard one. I do have some individual items lined up, but I wanted some help with the bulk of the rest. Thanks in advance!

How would you differentiate a "dragon hoard" from a "really big pile of regular treasure"?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Nothing really, I just though I had once heard about a dragon hoard generator and wondered if I was hallucinating or not. Probably hallucinating. Must remember to lay off the Mt. Dew.

Balgus

First Post
Ray Silver said:
In short, is there something as specialized as a dragon hoard generator out there? !
Is your paty running into ancient wyrms around every corner? why do you need a generator? why not just grab a bunch of treasure and some minor artifacts and a butt-load of gold and rubies...

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Naw, not around every corner, but I just wanted some ideas to round out the pure coin amounts, gems, and mundane items. And every now and then you just need a good hoard, not necessarily for dragons either.

Remove ads