• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Magazine [3.0] Rangers & Bards

RedCliff

First Post
Issue #301 has an article on masterpiece performances, which give different kinds of bonuses when you use them. For example, The Blackworm Wiggle is a comedic dance that works like the bardic fascinate ability, but causes a -8 penalty to Spot and Listen checks, and The Blood Tears of Corellon grant a +15 competance bonus to Perform skill checks, but only when playing to elven and half-elven audiences.

There's also rules for creating masterpieces.

Issue #292 doesn't have a lot of ranger information in it per se, but it contains a few ranger-oriented prestige classes, and one article detailing a few of these also touches on how dwarves, halflings, and half-orcs view the ranger class.

Hope that helps.

Melkor

Explorer
Thanks for the info.

Were there any WoTC website updates to the 3.0 Ranger or Bard classes ? I'm wondering if anything 'official' came out regarding either class in 3.5.

I know Monte Cook did some stuff, but I was just wanting to know if they had an 'official' treatment after the 3.0 PHB came out.

Hey

Melkor said:
I know Monte Cook did some stuff, but I was just wanting to know if they had an 'official' treatment after the 3.0 PHB came out.

I believe the only official changes to either class post-3.0 are located in the 3.5 PH. :)

Thanks
-Matt

Last edited:

Melkor

Explorer
That's what I figured. :)

Obviously, the Ranger class got a change....and seemed to need it, but that's got me wondering - what are the reasons to play a Ranger in 3.0 ???

Last edited:

Remove ads