[Dragon] Maps in 'Cities of the Ages'

A2Z

Explorer
I was recently reading through the 'Edo' article in Dragon 292. I love the 'Cities of the Ages' articles with one exception; the maps. Is it just me of are they almost commpletely useless for gaming. While they usually look nice they show almost no detail whatsoever. It seems like they spend too much time on the filler.

For instance, in the Edo article the map itself takes up only 1/8 of the page. The rest is filled up with pictures of a pagoda and a samurai warrior. It seems like the rest of the articles have been the same. It's very disapointing. I'd be much happier seeing a detailed map with at the very least the sites and districts mentioned in the article marked on it. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Holy Bovine

First Post
I agree A2Z. I was very dissappointed in the 'map' of Edo. that was one of the cities I was really looking forward to as well. I don't know why they do that though - I like the artwork and all but I would much rather have a detailed map than a picture of a samurai.

Dieter

First Post
The latest map of Edo was disappointing, not that any of them have been too detailed. I would like to just see a grid-mapped city with some highlights on the big "touristy areas".

A2Z

Explorer
The thing of it is that, in every article they give a pretty thorough desciption of the cities major streets, bridges and districts. But then when they get to the map they don't mark any of it down. If I wanted to use the city accuratly I'd have to do some research online or in an atlas to figure out were everything mentioned in the article was.

Welverin

First Post
A2Z said:
The thing of it is that, in every article they give a pretty thorough desciption of the cities major streets, bridges and districts. But then when they get to the map they don't mark any of it down. If I wanted to use the city accuratly I'd have to do some research online or in an atlas to figure out were everything mentioned in the article was.

I think we should all tell Dragon about it now so it gets done quicker.

This combined with the 'Maps of the Week' that aren't make you wonder if WotC knows what a map is any more.

Remove ads