• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Subscription - UK

Ranger REG

Explorer
wanderer9 said:

Still I will now be joining all the others and purchasing my copies of Dragon from the local retailer, and no longer paying an annual subscription (if I go back to purchasing it all) - but then would you after being treated this way?
Because you still like the magazine for the content.

I've not experienced your problem since I normally buy my magazines via newsstand. Granted, I pay full price but I have encountered no problem since my FLGS is handling the ordering.

And yeah, I really don't care if MRM (supposedly a "fulfillment company") has shut down its business due to their current reputation, even though I'm not in the UK. They did you wrong.

TimSmith

In common with some others, I got my refund cheque, too.

I guess Morrus got his cheque because he's probably on their subscriber list even though he doesn't pay for it- the benefits of selflessly running this excellent web site! (I am such a creep).

As for our European friends, I wouldn't panic too soon. I don't think that HasbroUK will be able to write you cheques in foreign currency from a UK bank account, at least not with their usual cheque book. So it will take longer. However, if they have accepted the obligation is theirs to make good our losses then it can only be a matter of time before you too are reimbursed.

I noticed that the letter we were sent said that HasbroUS would pursue Paizo for the cost of these refunds. I just hope this, combined with any legal costs, doesn't lead to the death of the magazines. If so, a measly refund cheque will be something of a pyrrhic victory, from my point of view at least! Any thoughts on this?

Merlin

First Post
TimSmith said:
I noticed that the letter we were sent said that HasbroUS would pursue Paizo for the cost of these refunds. I just hope this, combined with any legal costs, doesn't lead to the death of the magazines. If so, a measly refund cheque will be something of a pyrrhic victory, from my point of view at least! Any thoughts on this? [/B]

As I here in Switzerland can't get the Magazines anyway (other than ordering back issues or paying twice the normal price for a US subscription) I don't really know if I care. On the other hand, I don't really expect a cheuque or even some information about what's going to happen in the future. Thus I also don't think this will have a huge impact on Paizo....

Merlin

First Post
I could hardly believe it, but I really got two checques for my outstanding Dragon and Dungeon subscriptions (I just don't know how much it will cost me to cash them in...).

Well, wonder seem to happen from time to time :D

Still, one thing remains. Will there be any new European distributor or are we stuck with the expensive US foreign subscription?

Remove ads