Dragon Warriors' Sleeping Gods

Gebeji

Explorer
This is a campaign in seven adventures for the new Dragon Warriors rpg, intended to bring new players to characters of stature in the game world (around rank 8, or famous in their kingdom, which is a bit too fast for me as a GM).

Like the DW's Bestiary, production value is still good, the cover (a ghost striking a tomb looter from behind) being evocative, and somewhat prophetic :], but again the art is a bit too sparse for my taste and a little less good in places.

For content you get seven complete and different adventures that can be used in a number of ways by the GM, from the classic dungeon crawl to the sea expedition. However, since DW is a more dangerous place than your average fantasy rpg world, all of them must be carefully treaded by both players and GMs alike. Hack & Slash afficiendos will certainly be killed quite quickly (in the 1st adventure you encounter many creatures of higher ranks than the PCs, who are supposed to be beginners, even a ... Dragon, i kid you not :eek:), but there is a lot of nice stuff, some needed to get through the adventures, like in some videogames rpg, for those able to withstand its rigour.

Although the almost cinematic style of the adventures, which includes shocking developments :], is a welcome change of pace from the more mundane scenarios out there, it may not be to everyone taste, even if the open nature of the whole thing mean that in most cases the GM can tailor its use to his/her campaign.

Value for money as an immediately usable campaign is of course lessened by this, but is certainly something to get your characters through, perhaps at their own (and your GM's) pace, instead of all at once. Moderation and all that ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads