• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonborn Info

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
From the version of the article mentioned here that appeared in my local paper, I can just make out some of the dragonborn stats from the picture of a PC beside The Rouse.

The best online version of the pic can that I can find can be seen at http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2008-04-01-300991490_x.htm# and can be enlarged, but not to make it any more legible. The version I'm working from is a 5.5" x 8" newspaper photo. From past experience, I'm sure that my scanner would simply mangle the image, even if it was working properly, which it isn't.

I have no idea what version of the PHB this is, but it looks like the pages shown at the DDXP. Some of this information is extrapolated from the characters I can make out and what I expect to see. I have tried to indicate where I am least sure.

Here's what I can make out:

Str +2, Cha +2
Size Medium
Speed (some number less than 10) squares
Vision Normal

Languages Common, Draconic
Skill Bonuses +2 History (not 100% on this), +2 Intimidate

Dragonborn Fury When you're Bloodied you gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls.
Draconic Heritage (Something about using something else instead of your Constitution modifier, but I can't make out for what)
Dragon Breath (Blurry text)

Dragon Breath (Red-coloured Power) Dragonborn Racial Power
Encounter * Acid, Cold, Fire, Lightning or Poison
Minor Action (I kid you not!) Area blast 3 (I think)
Target All creatures in blast (I think)
Attack Strength +2 vs. Reflex, Constitution +2 vs. Reflex, or (blurry) +2 vs. Reflex

I think it lists the damage as 1d8 + Constitution modifier, but it gets mighty blurry there, and the paragraph continues off the edge of the screen. Edit: it could even be "2d6 + Constitution modifier", this part of the picture is really hard to make out.

There's a neat picture of a female dragonborn with scale mail, a shield and what might be her sword to the left of the text.

Last edited:

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Damn, I can just imagine a bunch of Warlord and Fighter Dragonborn rampaging through a bunch of enemies, using the Warlord's tactical powers to propel them forward and using their racial daily to blast enemies apart.

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
Dear monky-idol, you have some eyes on you!
-edit-
I cannot WAIT till someone fully deciphers this!

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
I could scan the pic, but I'm not sure it would be any help. Looking at the printing with a magnifying glass is no help. The resolution of the dots is at the point where you have to look at the shape of the blur and extrapolate in a lot of places, this is hard to do when pixelated.

But I'm looking for a better pic. I changed the link from the original post to a better source.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Well... It is pretty extreme extrapolation but... They are related to Dragons who can be quite charming when they want to be, and the spawn of a god so I could see charisma playing a factor.

PLUS! Perhaps charisma is no longer simply, "look at me I am pretty and I can talk nicely" and instead has become force of character, which Dragonborn would have lots of.

Cyronax

Explorer
Fallen Seraph said:
PLUS! Perhaps charisma is no longer simply, "look at me I am pretty and I can talk nicely" and instead has become force of character, which Dragonborn would have lots of.

.....well Cha was supposed to be like that in 3.x. Don't ask me to rate their implementation.

c.i.d.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads