Dragonlance Dragonlance cataclysm and a bit about Paladine

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
From what I've read, most scientists that study this subject think that the stories of "Great Floods" are distorted oral histories of the flooding and rising sea level that happened after the last Ice Age's glaciers melted. That's why a bunch of cultures and religions around the world have stories of the world being flooded.
Plus, it makes for a great object lesson regarding gods keeping their worshipers in line. "See what I did? Now, don't cross me or I'll do it again!" Even if they are distorted oral histories of flooding and rising sea levels, what priestly caste isn't going to write that into their religion, attribute it to their gods, and use it?

Vaalingrade

Legend
Plus, it makes for a great object lesson regarding gods keeping their worshipers in line. "See what I did? Now, don't cross me or I'll do it again!" Even if they are distorted oral histories of flooding and rising sea levels, what priestly caste isn't going to write that into their religion, attribute it to their gods, and use it?
Nowadays, you just electrify their chairs or keep a trapdoor in front of you desk.

The story of the Cataclysm will have to be retconnected if Hasbro wants Dragonlance to be adapted to the main media. If the saga becomes enough famous and popular, then somebody in the name of the acid humor will use the cataclysm for a painful and merciless parody.

And I suspect the good deities tried to avoid it by a lot of ways, but they evil forces sabotaged all, for example to send lord Soth to kill the kingpriest as last recourse.

The story of the Cataclysm will have to be retconnected if Hasbro wants Dragonlance to be adapted to the main media. If the saga becomes enough famous and popular, then somebody in the name of the acid humor will use the cataclysm for a painful and merciless parody.

And I suspect the good deities tried to avoid it by a lot of ways, but they evil forces sabotaged all, for example to send lord Soth to kill the kingpriest as last recourse.
I believe the retcon has begun in the new adventure (although I don't have it I know people who do) based on second hand info and the videos they are releasing.

Remove ads