Dragonlance Dragonlance: Solamnic Knights & Mages of High Sorcery Preview

WotC has shared another preview of the upcoming Dragonlance setting/adventure with a look at backgrounds and feats for Solamnic Knights and Mages of High Sorcery.

knights-of-solamnia.jpg

Feats include Squire of Solamnia and Initiate of High Sorcery. Interestingly, one prerequisite is "Dragonlance Campaign", which implies that the feats can't be used outside that setting.

Last edited by a moderator:

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Really?

This feat gets you two first level spells that you can use any slot for. And be cast once per day with out a slot.

The MI feat gives you one first level spell that you can only cast at its lowest level.

Am I reading them wrong?
Or am I missing sarcasm?
You probably have to compare the Mage of high sorcery feat with the 1dnd version of magic initiate which does allow you to cast the 1st level spell with spell slots. Personally though, I find them comparable.

Weiley31

Legend
Did....did.......................................they get rid of Squire of Solamnia's Squire Maneuvers and Superiority Die!?!?!?

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Did....did.......................................they get rid of Squire of Solamnia's Squire Maneuvers and Superiority Die!?!?!?
Looks like it, they replaced with what's essentially a superiority die/manoeuvre (specifically one that grants you advantage) but I guess they won't stack with the pool of battlemaster dice.

Actually, I'm not sure the originals could be used with battlemaster manoeuvres, that might have been just a thing that I'd allow.

Last edited:

Weiley31

Legend
Looks like it, they replaced with what's essentially a superiority die/manoeuvre (specifically one that grants you advantage) but I guess they won't stack with the pool of battlemaster dice.
Ugh, you all couldn't just let me be happy with me having my Battlemaster pc with twenty D12 Superiority Die powered Maneuvers, could ya?

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases