[Dragonstar] Cost for explosive charges

novyet

First Post
Does anyone know what the cost is for an explosive charge? I can't seem to find it in the book. I had an idea for a demolitionist character, but I am completely stymied by the cost for something like a c4 charge. If the cost isn't actually listed, does anyone know a fair price for them?

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
I couldn't find any price for them either so I looked in the Star Wars RPG book and it had a price of 3,000 credits. Which seems a bit much to me. So what I did was post a message to the Dragonstar message board. Once I get an answer there I'll post it here for you. :)

Mike

novyet

First Post
Psychotic Dreamer said:
I couldn't find any price for them either so I looked in the Star Wars RPG book and it had a price of 3,000 credits. Which seems a bit much to me.

Mike
You know, it's funny i did the same thing, and I just couldn't imagine a block of explosives costing 10x as much as a rocket. :)

Thanks Mike, you are da man!

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
From Greg Benage:

"A typical 1-lb. charge of plastic explosives has a blast radius of 15 ft., deals 5d6 points of damage, and costs 100cr. Reflex save for half for anyone caught in the blast radius. Each additional pound of explosives added to the charge increases the damage by 2d6 and increases the blast radius by 5 ft.

If you set a shaped charge (+5 DC on the Demolitions check), the blast radius is reduced to 5 ft. and the damage is doubled. For each additional pound added to the shaped charge, you get +2d6 damage and +5 ft. on the blast radius. In this case, treat the area of effect as a cone originating at the point where the charge is placed."

He also said there will be lots of explosive charges in the Imperial Supply book.

Mike

novyet

First Post
Sorry it took me a bit of time to respond, the price does seem right, so now I'm looking forward even more to imperial supply. Once I have my two prospective characters done, I'll post them in the rogue's gallery.

Later :)

Remove ads