• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragoon's RttToEE IC

Castigator

First Post
A slightly puzzled look suddenly appears on Rurik’s face, “Isn’t there a divine grove around here. Can’t the druids aid you in this matter? If not, I have a small task that I must take care of presently; however, afterwards my time is my own and I will gladly assist in rectifying this concern.

Raising his eyebrow, Ascalante is taken aback by the dwarfen priests blunt insistence for action despite any dicernible reason.

"Maybe this mysterious task of yours Sir Rurik, should be of concern to us..." he mocks the dwarf ".. if that is what makes a valiant follower of Hieroneous fear dangers lurking in a few sheeps death."

Trying to take a bit of the sting from his words he adds."At least it could be a tale worth telling.""

Shortly after Elmo gets done speaking a man descends from the upstairs, dressed in fine clothes and and ample amount of jewlery, "What is everybody standing around for? All waiting for me to take breakfeast?" he says with a loud laugh.

Eyes still on Captain Elmo (Sense Motive = 25) and the dwarfen Priest, Ascalante answers the new arrival with an elegant and formal greeting. Indeed Sire, that might well be.

Straightening his chequered vest, the elderly Bard sizes the opporunity, as if this was his only reason for standing in the middle of the commonroom from the very beginning. "So if you'd grant me the honor of sponsoring me, I'd be glad to accompany your meal with my flute or mandolin for your enjoyment and that of all the people here in need of a little diversion."

Dim_darknight

First Post
Rurik Dwarf Cleric

Rurik loses his unruffled composure, “Be it sheep or child, a hungry wolf cares not. That is why I am alarmed."

"You spoony bard, you dare suspect my actions as anything other than decent and honest? My mysterious task is simple enough; I’m looking for a book rumored to be held by a citizen of this town. Still, I shall gladly help this village rid itself of any threat, book or no book.

Rurik's hand taps his morningstar, he glares at the musician. It's easy enough to read him:Say something like that again and you'd better be ready to step outside.

nonamazing

Explorer
Dim darknight said:
Rurik loses his unruffled composure.

As quietly as a breeze, Erimel slips out of his seat and glides across the room to stand behind Rurik. "Please, noble scion of the mountain," Erimel whispers, "do not take offense at the words of this human. For is it not written: 'the words of humans are like carvings on ice: inpermanant and vain'."

Rurik is surprised to recognize the words as a rough translation from The Book of Layered Stone, an honored tome of Dwarven history. As Rurik turns to face the slender elf, Erimel turns up his palms in a gesture of peace. "Nor, hammer of Hieroneous, would I wish to direct your ire upon myself. I respect your calling, and mine is not altogether dissimilar. Can not the forest and the mountain work together? In the broadest sense, I believe that our goals are essentially the same." Erimel never raises his voice above a soft whisper. The early morning sun, drifting through the inn's high window, illuminates the unique sight: the well-built Dwarf, solid as metal, polished armor gleaming, and the fragile Elf, ephemeral and insubstantial in his armor seemingly made of leaves and bark.

"Look, Lord Rurik--the human has already lost his interest in you. He has eyes for nothing more than his next potential source of coin. Let you and I, as representatives of wiser, longer-lived peoples, show more nobility than them." Erimel bows respectfully before the Dwarf. "Allow me to formally introduce myself: I am Erimel Nailo, self-sworn protector of these lands, and I am at your service."

Scotley

Hero
Eglath Goliath Fighter

As the scene begins to turn ugly, the big gray man gets to his feet and approaches the old human and the dwarf. His bulk casts a large shadow over them as he stands between them and the fireplace. "Gentlemen, these are civilized lands. If you must resolve a despute, find some sporting way to do it. These good people do not wish to see violence in their hamlet."

Dim_darknight

First Post
Rurik Dwarf Cleric

Rurik scans Erimel from head to toe. Hmmm. Tension broken, the dwarf speaks again, “By no means am I a lord, so please do not address me as such. If title is necessary then call me Cleric Dankil, but I’d much prefer to be called by Rurik.

The goliath approaches. Speaking of mountains… In response to Eglath’s statement, “I believe the dispute is settled for now; after all, there is no debate to be had with a fool.

It’s getting awfully crowded over here.

Erimel, let us speak more. Would you join my friend and I as we browse around?” Rurik moves to rejoin Baran, quite certain that the cleric will have no problem making his own introduction. In a whisper, “Remaining now seems a waste of time. Let’s be off to Nem’s; we can come back later, perhaps they will be more sensible at nightfall and after a few drinks.

Erudite

First Post
Dim_darknight said:
Rurik's hand taps his morningstar, he glares at the musician. It's easy enough to read him:Say something like that again and you'd better be ready to step outside.

At this, the shaven-headed human steps behind the dwarf as if to back him up, with neither malice or tension.

Erudite

First Post
Dim_darknight said:
Erimel, let us speak more. Would you join my friend and I as we browse around?” Rurik moves to rejoin Baran, quite certain that the cleric will have no problem making his own introduction.[/b]”

Rurik turns to find his friend nearby, looking quite pleased. "Praise to you" the human directs to the Goliath. "Rao finds favor in the peace-maker. My name is Baran, and this is my friend, Rurik." A pleasant nod to the elf, "and Raos blessing to you as well. Both of you are welcome at our table while we finish our repast."

Dim_darknight said:
In a whisper, “Remaining now seems a waste of time. Let’s be off to Nem’s; we can come back later, perhaps they will be more sensible at nightfall and after a few drinks.

"Just wait a few minutes more, Rurik. My bacon is unfinished and calls to me. You know me and pig! I altogether agree with you on the rest of the matter." Baran will, unless otherwise engaged, take several minutes to wipe up every bit of bacon and grease, soaking up everything with whatever else is on his plate.

Castigator

First Post
Scotley said:
As the scene begins to turn ugly, the big gray man gets to his feet and approaches the old human and the dwarf. His bulk casts a large shadow over them as he stands between them and the fireplace. "Gentlemen, these are civilized lands. If you must resolve a despute, find some sporting way to do it. These good people do not wish to see violence in their hamlet."

Ascalante takes a surprised gauge at the unusual warrior joining the dispute.
"Well spoke Sir, though I wasn't even aware we've had such a dispute untill Priest Rurik threatend to draw steel one moment, than hiding behind his friends and calling insults from safe distance the next second, before I even had a chance to defend myself."

Nodding slowly in appreciation of the wise mediation offered by the Goliath, Ascalante continues while the rest already departs "A sporting way would indeed be best to resolve this unfortunate situation. Otherwise I'd have to be wonder for the rest of my stay in Hommlett, if this is the kind of Dwarf who likes to resolve his grudges when people have their backs turned."

Last edited:

Terraism

Explorer
As the human, dwarf, elf, and goliath break away from the crowd to return to their table, Laumus steps forward, hesitantly.

"Ah, pardon, neighbors. I, ah... I mean not to be interrupting, and I don't mean to be starting a fight, but... I heard you mention something about a book and a foul place, and, pardon me for wondering, but you wouldn't be speaking of the Temple now, would you?"

Erudite

First Post
"Is there another place that would bear comparison?" inquires Baran, while tucking away the last morsel. "What is the nature of your interest?"

Remove ads