[Dread] Jenga beat up my dice! My results from the indie horror RPG.

Crothian

First Post
I can't remember who ran it, but he was a great guy and I could pick him out of a line up.
We finished after midnight and I just needed to get home to sleep so I didn't stay and chat like I would have loved to.

The scenario was that everyone was in one of the those get away help centers. you go through different wellness levels to reach emotional perfection or something like that. If I can find the official description I'll type that in. This is one of the scenarios they will use again so I won't post any spoilers.

I played an athlete and local sport star. I talked about Dread to a lot of people and those that knew it said that I had to play the game. I'm so glad I did.

I'm very much looking forward to playing it at GenCon. I have what I think would be an awesome scenario for it, and I want to learn from Piratecat so maybe I can run it at a Gameday or something.

Epidiah Ravachol

First Post
Crothian said:
I can't remember who ran it, but he was a great guy and I could pick him out of a line up.
We finished after midnight and I just needed to get home to sleep so I didn't stay and chat like I would have loved to.

The scenario was that everyone was in one of the those get away help centers. you go through different wellness levels to reach emotional perfection or something like that. If I can find the official description I'll type that in. This is one of the scenarios they will use again so I won't post any spoilers.

I played an athlete and local sport star. I talked about Dread to a lot of people and those that knew it said that I had to play the game. I'm so glad I did.
The man who ran it, was his name Akira? And the scenario, was it 7 Ways to a Better You?

Crothian

First Post
Epidiah Ravachol said:
The man who ran it, was his name Akira? And the scenario, was it 7 Ways to a Better You?

I never heard or saw what the guy's name was but that was the scenario. It was Friday 8pm and the only name that I recall was Tophat though I have no idea why people called him that. I was going to ask but he sacrificed himself and then left.

Epidiah Ravachol

First Post
I'm so glad the scenario worked for you. When I wrote it I was a little nervous about it as a con game. The situation seemed creepy enough for me, and one that worked well for my players here at home; but I get nervous when these things are in front of strangers. Especially if I'm not running it.

Though if the GM was Akira, and I suspect he was, you were in capable hands.

Shawn_Kehoe

First Post
woodelf said:
Yep. There's Truth or Dare Jenga, which is, IIRC, 3 colors; Jenga Extreme, which is 3 colors, 2 finishes, and parallelogram-cross-section blocks; there's UNO Stacko, which is a 4-color knock-off; and there are any number of multi-colored knock-offs. One thing about the knock-offs: most of them don't stack quite the same: the length is greater than 3x the width, so the layers stack with gaps. No real impact on play, but it does make re-setting the tower a bit more fiddly, and thus time-consuming.

I'm not sure if Dread should be run with Jenga Xtreme though - I just picked up the set today, and after several tries my best result was 28 pulls. This might be dread's equivalent of the "killer DM." :)

Agamon

Adventurer
Okay, okay, I'm convinced. I'm getting this game. I'll premiere it Halloween for both my D&D group and my board gaming buddies. Looks like lots of fun!

Remove ads