• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Dreamscarred Press] Third Dawn Campaign Setting

Bacris

First Post
Welcome to a world where there are no gods, only godminds; a world where the maenad corsairs control the high seas, and the arcane and divine magics of the ancient world are gone, replaced by the power of the mind. Welcome to a world where city-states struggle to survive on their own, having thrown off the bitter rule of the fallen empire of Alyria. Welcome to the Third Dawn of Ksaren.

Dreamscarred Press, the definitive source for new psionic material, has decided to take on its biggest endeavor to date. The company that brought you Untapped Potential: New Horizons in Psionics, High Psionics Compilation: Volume I, and a host of other psionics products is hard at work on an all-psionics campaign setting titled Third Dawn.

Set in the world of Ksaren, a world rocked millenia ago by The Impact, Third Dawn explores a world without arcane or divine magic, a world where the power of the mind has risen to fill in the gap left by the departure of the magic of the ancient world.

With a planned release date of June 2008, the Third Dawn Campaign Setting will be a 100 page book detailing the world of Ksaren, from the races that make Ksaren its home, to the geography of the world, to the nations, cities, organizations, and monsters that can be found. In addition, details will be given on how to survive in Third Dawn without the traditional magic-based classes. The initial plans are to release Third Dawn rules for the d20 3.5, True20, and 4E rules systems - licenses allowing.

Bacris

First Post
Thanks, guys!

It's been something that's been stewing in my mind since before we started Dreamscarred Press. It finally seems like the right time to do it.

In other news, we will be working with Rick Hershey of Empty Room Studios Publishing, to do the cover and interior illustrations - he did the amazing cover art for High Psionics Compilation: Volume I, along with a multitude of other interior art for us, along with a cartographer to do the maps of the campaign world.

We're going all-out with this project and hope folks have as much fun playing in it as we're having creating it!

Man-thing

First Post
Bacris,

Will you be rolling out adventures to give life to the setting? I always find new campaign settings gain a lot of mental traction with me once I see them used in adventure.

Pozatronic

First Post
HalWhitewyrm said:
Dark Sun lives. ;)

Well, not really. Besides the psionics and the city states, this doesn't really seem Dark Sun ish to me, which is a good thing; Dark Sun's great, but we don't need a duplicate. Magic was a big big part of Dark Sun, this setting seems to be magic-less (or is it?).

Bacris

First Post
Pozatronic said:
Magic was a big big part of Dark Sun, this setting seems to be magic-less (or is it?).

Correct. We don't need no stinking preservers / defilers / templars.

Of course, 2E psionics had its own issues that needed those classes to exist ;)

Angellis_ater

First Post
We both hope that Third Dawn will feel unique, drawing on psionics as a main theme, but providing a world rich with intrigue and adventure. :)

Remove ads