Pathfinder 1E [Dreamscarred Press] Ultimate Psionics Kickstarter!

Angellis_ater

First Post
Amazing things have happened! We've broken the 36k goal, the 40k goal and the 44k goal and recently, the 48k goal!

We are looking at the following:

GOAL REACHED! - $36000 - We will add 10 additional pages of psionic items (the non-legendary variety) to all copies of Ultimate Psionics!

GOAL REACHED! - $40000 - All backers who get the $100 reward package (including those at the $125 and $175 levels) will get a copy of the Psionic Bestiary printed in black & white as part of your reward! Backers getting the color bestiary from the $200 reward level still get the full-color bestiary. In addition, we will produce the Seventh Path supplement, which will introduce a new base class, the medium, which will deal with the paranormal / speaking with the dead aspect of mental powers. All backers at the $100 or higher reward tier will get the PDF once it is available (mid to late 2013), and all backers at the $200 or higher reward tier can choose to get the printed book for only the cost of shipping.

GOAL REACHED - $44000 - We will include a set of pregenerated psionic NPCs to be used in your game. There will be at least two NPCs for each psionic class, and each NPC will be detailed at multiple levels for use regardless of when the party meets them.

GOAL REACHED - $48000 - We will include a minimum 40 additional feats in the book. These will be a variety of psionic, class-based, racial, and other feats.

TroyXavier

First Post
Amazing stuff. I wish I could have participated but health issues kicked the finances down for awhile. Still much love for the company is very appreciated.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Loving the art for the Forgeborn! Best art to come out of Dreamscarred yet. Love it.

I do wish for a crystalline race, though. ;)

Bacris

First Post
We are funded at $56,870 for our final figure!

Absolutely amazing and thank you to everyone who participated!

Now comes the fun part of getting all the work done.

I'm bummed that I missed out on this Kickstarter. It looks to have wrapped up just about the time I became aware of Kickstarters.

So, I'm removing Psionics Unleashed and Psionics Expanded from my shopping cart to eagerly await the release of the Ultimate Psionics hardcover. Can you summarize for me, Bacris, what I should expect to see in this final product and do you know yet how much it will cost? I'm eager to bring psionics back into my game and to disabuse my wife of the belief that psionics will continue to be overhauled every two weeks.

Bacris

First Post
Sure!

It's going to take all of the content of Psionics Unleashed and Psionics Expanded, which includes the four original psionic classes (psion, psychic warrior, soulknife, and wilder), and adds in the six new classes (aegis, cryptic, dread, marksman, tactician, and vitalist), as well as the many psionic archetypes. It's going to include the races from Psionics Unleashed (blue, dromite, duergar, elan, half-giant, ophiduan, maenad, and xeph) plus two new psionic races (forgeborn and noral), as well as racial archetypes for all of those races. It's going to have dozens of psionic feats - some old, some new, tons of psionic powers...

Most of what's going to be in it is actually already posted on d20pfsrd, since we gave them copies of Psionics Unleashed and Psionics Expanded to put up on their site. But in addition to that, it's also going to have information for GMs on how to use psionics, how to alter the theme of psionics to fit your game, around 100 pages of psionic monsters, over a dozen psionic prestige classes, and much more.

This post goes item by item over the project status of Ultimate Psionics.

So, if you want to use psionics now, just pop on over to d20pfsrd. And once Ultimate Psionics is ready, you can pick it up.

As for price, we are anticipating that the color book will likely carry a price tag of around 80-90 USD, based upon final page count and printing cost. The B&W book will likely be more around the 60 USD price range. Both are hardcover. With an estimate page count of ~500, softcover simply wasn't an option. :)

knottyprof

First Post
OH so glad I got into the Kick Starter!!! Sure I dropped a lot (for me) into the project but the return investment will be well worth it compared to the suggested retail cost after the fact. Kick Starter needs a function where you can type in key words and then when projects come up that match them you get an email or something. That would be so much better than their weekly junk mail of stuff they are promoting.

Remove ads