Drinking Problem

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
That's like if you broke into someone's house and poured the contents of their liquor cabinet into a glass.

So a Staten Island Iced Tea!

(No offense to the fine peoples of Staten Island... especially the Wu-Tang Clan. Wu-Tang ain't nothin' to... well, you know the rest.)
...Flumph with?

the Jester

Legend
What's your policy for alcohol at the table?

Our group drinks somewhere between a fair amount and way too much. I have no problem with that. But as a DM, my policy is, "If you want to get drunk or stoned while we game, hey, that's on you, and I won't give either you or your character a break because of it."

Has an excess of booze ever become a problem for your group?

Not really, but individual players have sometimes have issues due to overdrinking. They all know my attitude about it; if they get their character killed or mauled, or screw up an adventure because of it, that's on them.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
On my list of Ralif-approved nerdy cocktails

-The Severus Snape
-The Draco Malfoy (essentially a dirty martini with pickle juice instead of olive, but it’s so good)
-Blackbeard’s Ghost
-Dragon’s Breath
-The Cersei Lannister
-The Necromancer
-Dwarven Swamp Whiskey
-The Hobbit
-Hades
-The Promised Prince
-The Zombie (I have my favorite recipes, though there are over a dozen different takes on this one)
-The Wizard
-The Weathered Axe
-The Gauntlet (from the Witcher III; it’s supposed to be equal parts White Gull and Vodka; I had to make this one up myself, but it’s a good one, if I do say so)

Doesn't count without recipes...just sayin'...

Fine....:D

Will do this in batches:

-The Severus Snape

1.5 oz Cruzan Blackstrap Rum
.5 oz falernum
.5 oz Fernet Branca
dash of lavender bitters
Ice, stir, and strain

-The Draco Malfoy

2 oz gin or vodka (Gin is better, but I go with vodka since I'm allergic to it)
1/2 oz dry vermouth
1/2 oz pickle juice
Ice, shake, and strain

-Blackbeard’s Ghost

1 oz orange juice
0.5 oz falernum
0.5 oz sweet and sour (The recipe calls for two ounces, but that's just too much. I just use simple syrup and fresh-squeezed lime/lemon juice)
0.5 oz apricot brandy
2 dashes angostura bitters
1.5 oz light Puerto Rican rum
0.5 oz demerara rum

Mix in cocktail shaker with a glass-full of crushed ice. Then pour everything back into glass.

-Dragon’s Breath

This was from the D&D event at The Compleat Strategist. I had to guess a bit, since they only had the ingredients, not the proportions.
2 oz bourbon
dash apple bitters
dash orange bitters
.25 oz Luxardo
Shake with ice and strain into a tumbler with a single large ice cube.

-The Cersei Lannister

2 ounces white whiskey
1 ounce ginger liqueur
1 ounce orange liqueur
Dash of orange bitter
Build in a tumbler with ice.

Doesn't count without recipes...just sayin'...

Continued...

-The Necromancer

3/4 oz Lemon juice
3/4 oz Lillet blanc
1.5 oz Gin or Vodka
3/4 oz elderflower liqueur
3/4 oz absinthe
Ice, shake, and strain.

-Dwarven Swamp Whiskey

1.5 oz Scotch
0.75 oz Sweet vermouth
0.75 oz Chartreuse
Dash Angostura bitters
Build in a tumbler with ice

-The Hobbit

2 oz Bourbon
1/2 oz Root
1/4 oz Lillet
1/4 oz Creme de Violette
Ice, stir, and strain into a brandy snifter

-Hades

1½ oz dark rum
½ oz Amaro Averna
½ oz Sweet vermouth
2 dashes Angostura bitters
Freshly grated nutmeg
Combine all ingredients except nutmeg in a cocktail shaker or mixing glass with ice, and stir until properly chilled and diluted. Strain into a stemmed wine glass. Freshly grate nutmeg on top

-The Promised Prince

1 oz dark or spiced rum
0.5 oz Fernet-Branca
3 oz crème de cacao
1 oz Guinness

Add spiced rum, Fernet-Branca, crème de cacao to cocktail shaker with ice and shake for 20 seconds. Strain into a coupe glass and top with Guinness.
Note: The original recipe called for black food coloring, but the heck with that.

And concluded...

-The Zombie
(I can't seem to find my preferred recipe online - there are a lot to go through. Will have to dig it up at home)

-The Wizard

2 oz. vodka
1 oz. dry vermouth
1/2 oz. Yellow Chartreuse, Galliano, or Strega
2 dashes of orange bitters
Ice, stir, and strain

-The Weathered Axe

1 1/2 ounces bourbon
3/4 ounce lemon juice
1/2 ounce Combier
1/2 ounce Cocchi Americano or Lillet if you can't find that
1/2 ounce ginger syrup
Ice, shake, and strain over fresh ice

-The Gauntlet

Like I said, I made this one up, based on the Witcher III scene where they’re drinking it by the flagon. Lacking Witcher immunities, this is more reasonably proportioned:
1.5 oz vodka.
.5 oz Campari
.5 oz Amaro
.5 oz Luxardo
Ice, stir, and strain into a cocktail glass

Woof, and that is that. Ralif Redhammer's approved nerdy cocktails. A lot of the ones out there, in my opinion, rely too much on sodas and sweet notes, lacking the depth and complexity of a good proper cocktail.

Gilladian

Adventurer
I game with my 82 yr old mother. I have a friend whose father was an alcoholic. She hates the stuff. I had to tell my mom she could not steadily drink her wine through the game session. It was a good idea, as she had been inclined to get confused and forgetful as the game went on. So no booze at my table is the rule, and I like it that way.

Remove ads