Druid build help

Darklone

Certainly ;)

Now let's calculate how many spells the druid would need to gather enough goodberries for a 9 PC party assuming he has to heal half of the PCs for three or more days... ;)

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Darklone said:
Certainly ;)

Now let's calculate how many spells the druid would need to gather enough goodberries for a 9 PC party assuming he has to heal half of the PCs for three or more days... ;)
:D Simple enough: you want to give each of the PCs enough that they can have 8 berries/day. That's 72 berries/day. At an average of 5 berries/casting, you'd need 15 castings to equip everyone for one day.

That's not really realistic for a low-level character; but you can get everyone to have 1 berry with just 2 castings, on average. And having one is wonderful: it means everyone I the party can stabilize someone in an emergency, just by forcing a goodberry down their throat.

When dice-rolls get too irritating to track (e.g., when you're trying to track mass castings of goodberries), my GM is pretty good about letting me just take the average. If you're gonna deal in massive goodberry quantities, see if your DM will allow each casting to produce exactly 5 berries; this is much easier to keep track of.

Daniel

Darklone

Hehehehe.... that's why we used abovementioned compromise. To avoid checking for every PC how many goodberries he already ate that day...

Christian

Explorer
Pielorinho said:
You realize that the local humane society is never going to let you adopt a puppy, don't you? :D

:uhoh:

Somewhere on these boards is a thread about a party that was trapped in a desert & ran out of food, and ended up eating the druid's companion. The next day, they agreed to stop for the day so the druid could summon a new one; the party unanimously suggested she select a bison for maximum food value. :lol:

Pickaxe said:
Overall, druids seem to get a lot of mileage out of Extend Spell.

Oh, yes. I took that feat for the DMPC druid in the game I run for my kids, and was thrilled by how well that worked out. When I chose to play a druid in my current game, I was pleased :] to find on the DM's list of house rules that he was using the 'Spontaneous Metamagic (daily uses)' rule from UA. An extended Produce Flame is probably worth a 2nd-level spell slot. It's ridiculous in a 1st-level slot, which my character can now do three times per day. (As I approach 8th level, I'm finding the downside of that rule; I'm getting to where I'm having to make some tough decisions, as I have easily half a dozen prepared spells that would be worth extending. I always save at least one for Produce Flame, though. I also took Empower Spell; now that I can cast fourth level spells, I can toss around Extended Empowered Produce Flame spells, which can add up to a metric buttload of damage for a first-level spell slot. I recommend to DMs that they not use that alternate rule. :) )

Remove ads