Druid feat selection

Turjan

Explorer
So, my druid character got chewed to pulp by a Xorn last session. As I really want to see a druid at higher level this game, I rolled up a replacement druid that reached 3rd level at the end of last game. I know the "druid handbook", but does anyone have any opinion on what feat to take for a human Eberron druid that won't multiclass?

There are two Eberron feats to choose from I guess (sorry, no Ashbound or Greensinger) in an obviously planes-oriented game (that's at least my impression so far): Manifest Druid or Gatekeeper Initiate. Manifest Druid adds 1 round to the duration of summoning spells and adds 1 point to the saving throw that victims of your disease or poison spells have to make. It also "sudden empowers" one of your 1st level arcane spells* (which I don't have). Gatekeeper Initiate adds +2 to saving throws against aberration SUs and SAs, adds Knowledge (planes) to the class skills and a set of "domain spells" (without increase in the number of spells per day). It seems to be valid more on higher levels. Any opinions regarding these feats?

My char took already Skill Focus (Conjuration) and Augment Summoning at first level.

*Does anyone have an idea what that might be good for?

Alexander123

First Post
If you have the players guide to faerun I take the spellcasting prodigy feat. (lvl 1) I also take:

natural spell. (lvl 6)
ashbound although you it seems you can't take it. (lvl 1)
initiate of nature. (PGtF, lvl 15)
improved initiative. (lvl 18)
extend. (lvl 3)
persist. (lvl 9)
quicken.(lvl 12)

That's 8 feats in all

Turjan

Explorer
I can't speak to those, but some of these feats might help:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/5324523-post.html
Those look like wizard feats to me :confused:?

If you have the players guide to faerun I take the spellcasting prodigy feat. (lvl 1) I also take:

natural spell. (lvl 6)
ashbound although you it seems you can't take it. (lvl 1)
initiate of nature. (PGtF, lvl 15)
improved initiative. (lvl 18)
extend. (lvl 3)
persist. (lvl 9)
quicken.(lvl 12)

That's 8 feats in all
I don't think Faerunian stuff will fly in our campaign. Being an ashbound would heavily clash with our campaign style, so I better refrain from taking it. Of course, natural spell is a given. Extend and quicken look like good choices at their respective levels, even if Extend will only be useful at later levels. I"m not sure how useful Persistent Spell is.

It's funny that I have never heard any play experience about any of those Eberron druid feats. They seem not to be popular.

Turjan

Explorer
I'm curious, what is the reason you say that Ashbound would clash with your campaign style?
You only get the Ashbound feat as member of the Ashbound. Our group doesn't raid villages, we may help them. We even became formal members of the Brelish army at some point, because of a convergence of goals. This does not gel with an Ashbound in my view, and definitely not with my DM's view.

Last edited:

Nomnath

First Post
there's the cloudy conjuration feat from Complete mage, since you already have spell focus conjuration. It allows you to create a 5 ft radius (10 square feet) sickening cloud right next to the monster you summon that offers concealment like fog cloud and sickens (no save) anything inside. Your summons are immune. Also creates a cloud on former locatoin when you cast any teleportation spells.

Another fun one is dimensional reach a reserve feat, it requires 3rd lvl spells. It give you +1 CL on summoning spells and as long as you are able to cast a 3rd level or higher summoning spell you can make a small item teleport into your hand/paw as a standard action (5 ft per spell level and 2 pounds per spell level). Hello spell component pouches, holy symbols, divine focuses, bags, piles of gold, sandwiches, undrawn weapons, even potions readied on a belt for future use.

BENINHB

First Post
Scribe Scroll

As a druid you can pick any spell you want at the beginning of each day. With scribe scroll you can make copies of those really obscure and situational spells.

Remove ads