Druid feat selection

Empirate

First Post
Rapid Spell is another interesting option for summoners (which seems to become your main schtick, judging by your feats so far). It only adds +1 to spell levels and allows you to cast summoning spells as a standard action. Another is Imbue Summoning, to help your summons out with an out-of-the-gates buff the instant they're summoned. And yes, Cloudy Conjuration can be a good one.

Turjan

Explorer
Hmm, yes. Scribe Scroll is not very exciting, but may be useful, as we do not have anyone who can produce anything in the party. But given that my char is dead last regarding XP, I'm a bit hesitant to spend XP on item producing.

Rapid Spell and Imbue Summoning sound good, too, although the latter is probably something for a level 9.

Too many good options, not enough slots :D.

Empirate

First Post
Regarding XP, I have good news for you: the farther you are behind, the quicker you catch up. Being a level behind everybody else nets you a 20% increase in XP gained per encounter. So it evens out over time.

Turjan

Explorer
Regarding XP, I have good news for you: the farther you are behind, the quicker you catch up. Being a level behind everybody else nets you a 20% increase in XP gained per encounter. So it evens out over time.
I know this in principle, but I got only 9% more last time, and usually I get less XP than everyone else, as the DM likes to say something like "Just give yourself one point below the next level". I might talk to him about this, though.

roske

First Post
if you're going to take Spell Focus: Conj. for Augmented Summoning and maybe later Imbued Summoning, i recommend Rapid Spell to aid your summons.

also Spell Focus is the prereq for Metamagic Focus from Complete Mage, which is awesome to bring out your summons without a full-round action. Let's you apply Rapid Spell to even your highest level summonings!

Turjan

Explorer
So, Rapid Spell speeds up prepared summonings to one standard action, whereas spontaneous summonings still take a full round, right? At least that's how I understand the description.

Remove ads