D&D 5E Druid keeping concentration going while melded with stone

auburn2

Adventurer
Ok, for the second piece of cheese that came into my game today.

Druid want to cast sunbeam then meld into stone and keep spawning sunbeams every turn. RAW I think this is legal.

Undrave

Legend

Druid want to cast sunbeam then meld into stone and keep spawning sunbeams every turn. RAW I think this is legal.

Nope. The Sunbeam start from your hand, and while melded into stone you can't move unless it's take the Move Action to exit the stone, ending the spell. You can't just partially meld. Also you can't see outside the stone.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
RAW, meld into stone is not concentration and doesn't do anything that would break concentration, so the sunbeam could continue for its duration.

However, as Undrave points out, you couldn't really use the sunbeam on account of being unable to see, unable to aim, and arguably being unable to take the special action required (meld with stone specifies certain actions that you can take but it doesn't explicitly say that those are the only actions you can take).

Undrave

Legend

RAW, meld into stone is not concentration and doesn't do anything that would break concentration, so the sunbeam could continue for its duration.

However, as Undrave points out, you couldn't really use the sunbeam on account of being unable to see, unable to aim, and arguably being unable to take the special action required (meld with stone specifies certain actions that you can take but it doesn't explicitly say that those are the only actions you can take).

A much better way to cheese Meld with Stone and concentration would be to conjure up something that can attack on its own while you chill in the rock.

Remove ads