Druid Question

whatisitgoodfor

First Post
Would you allow a druid character to have a large sling.

If I'm following the weapon scaling chart correctly, this would deal 1d8 damage, and still be wieldable by a medium character.

It only has a RI of 50ft though, but considering that its still a simple weapon, I think I can deal with that.

Well, would you?

KnowTheToe

First Post
Nope, it does not really work, well except on paper. How would the druid wield it? Would it use bigger stones, if so how would they twirl it around effectively. As a DM I would not make it available. How long would it be, how much room around the druid would be required to wield it?

Frostmarrow

First Post
whatisitgoodfor said:
Would you allow a druid character to have a large sling.

If I'm following the weapon scaling chart correctly, this would deal 1d8 damage, and still be wieldable by a medium character.

It only has a RI of 50ft though, but considering that its still a simple weapon, I think I can deal with that.

Well, would you?

In track and field they throw something that could be described as a large sling. In this event they throw the rock _and_ the sling at the same time. (You know the discipline where the thrower twirls round and round in a cage to pick up momentum.) It looks pretty difficult to do but if it's an exotic weapon I think it could be done.

hong

WotC's bitch
Re: Re: Druid Question

Frostmarrow said:

In track and field they throw something that could be described as a large sling. In this event they throw the rock _and_ the sling at the same time. (You know the discipline where the thrower twirls round and round in a cage to pick up momentum.) It looks pretty difficult to do but if it's an exotic weapon I think it could be done.

The hammer throw? That's nothing like using a sling!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
No Hammer throwing is not akin to using a sling, however the Hammer could well be used as a weapon.
In this case however it would have to be exoctic and thus defeat the whole point of the large sling

MythandLore

First Post
-Ahem-
That is to say, No, not normally.
Slings use one had, so if it was large that would be two handed, but since it wouldn't work with two hands you'd need monkey grip to use it with one hand.
Uh, yeah, that's what I ment. :)

Remove ads