• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DTRPG Says 'Don't criticize us or we'll ban you'

Jahydin

Hero
I sure would cheer that. But I think you'd be foolish to believe him now.

Has he ever said he's abandoned the idea he'd gladly march with Nazis?
No idea, but I don't think it makes him a Nazi?

Like it's okay to be pro-Ukraine despite the issues of the Azov Regiment right?

Not trying to come up with a "gotcha", legitimately been thinking about what you posted and deciding if that's really the truth of things...

Thankfully this isn't something I have to worry about on a personal basis thanks to never knowing an actual Nazi...

darjr

I crit!
No idea, but I don't think it makes him a Nazi?

Like it's okay to be pro-Ukraine despite the issues of the Azov Regiment right?

Not trying to come up with a "gotcha", legitimately been thinking about what you posted and deciding if that's really the truth of things...
Here, that screen cap is from this video. It’s long and it’s intro is looong. And I don’t have any waypoints to give you on it. But I think it’d be worth your time.

And I do mean it. I do not trust pundit or satanis at all, but if they abandoned being nice to Nazis I’d cheer that.

Still I’d not trust them after nor want anything to do with either if it was just that.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This thread doesn’t seem to be about DTRPG any more and more about debating who is and isn’t a Nazi. Either steer it back on topic or it’ll get closed. Thanks folks!

That is the problem with the politics rule that was posted.

You can post a very strong free speech belief and then get pegged as a Nazi afterwards even if that is not what you said.

There are a lot of people whose views I strongly disagree with or hate. In the very narrow context of free speech, I would say the government should not censor them. I may want to punch them, though.

To say I do not want the government to shut them down does not mean I am one of them. The inability to hold two thoughts that do not contradict each other at the same time and argue in absolutes is why such discussions in the internet are tiresome.

I was in the punk scene in the 80’s and I know how I reacted to Neo-Nazi skinheads then (not all skinheads were that but some were). My views are the same today as they were there.

I really feel sorry at times for the mods here because so many of us don’t dial back and disengage and argue in ridiculous ways …

thirdkingdom

Hero
Publisher
No idea who you're referring to, but if its Venger:

View attachment 252548

Just wanted to point out Venger is taken from the D&D Cartoon series. I really don't think he's trying to be serious. :)

Venger Satanis claims to be the founder and high priest of the Cult of Cthulhu. Over a decade ago he was banned from one of the larger rpg discussion forums for casting spells on users. He may have chosen the name "Venger" as a tongue-in-cheek nod to the cartoon, but he's either been running a decade-long prank on everyone or he's serious. My bet is on the latter.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Back on topic, for some transparency, there are my sales #s from DTRPG. Highlighted are products released in the past 6-10 months, others are as old as 5-8 years (and several have been discontinued for a long time). These are the only ones where people paid money, so any $0 pay what you want, or at-cost discount links are not included. Needless to say, while none of these are #s to brag home to mom about, they are fairly significant for an indie-hobby publisher. If I got kicked off DTRPG, while I could use Amazon or other sources, it would be a hit to me. So no wonder why Venger is complaining. The thing is, is that he pretty much asked for it by his behavior. Sort of how LaNasa asked for WotC to go after him by suing them.

1656885336509.png

Back to Drive-Thru's new guidelines...

I'm playing through the old Baulder's Gate games for the first time and realizing it breaks a few of the rules and would be considered unsuitable. Kind of funny considering the popularity of it.
That is the main problem for sites like Driv-Thru: RPGs tend to to be violent (Very violent in many cases), and have stereotypes built in that can be objectionable if examined too literally.

And that's before GMs get their hands on them. A perfect example: Flames of Freedom is filled with snippets urging the GM to run a campaign with a gender-fluid society, racial equality, and specifically prohibits GMs from involving slavery in their campaign. Tuesday my FoF campaign starts, and besides ripping out the secret societies and occult (because the players have access to the core book) and replacing them with my stuff, my campaign will be built on the historical 1776, warts and all.

What my players do in the campaign will certainly be even worse, based on PC backgrounds and what happened in the Zweihander campaign we just finished.

Gaming is a hobby where there are few hard-and-fast rules in practice across the spectrum. It lacks the had-and-fast rules that characterize other hobbies, such as bowling, softball, etc.

mythago

Hero
That is the problem with the politics rule that was posted.

You can post a very strong free speech belief and then get pegged as a Nazi afterwards even if that is not what you said.

It's not a "very strong free speech belief" to argue that a private company, merely by virtue of being popular or successful, is morally obligated to continue do business with vendors who attack the company's financial well-being by publicly disparaging them - even if the public attacks on that company are untruthful or are intended to gin up attacks on social media.

Remove ads