• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DTRPG Security Alert notice (merged)

Sammael

Adventurer
There is already a thread in Meta about this with a quick solution for Firefox users (disabling images from DTRPG domain).

Thanee

First Post
They are using the certificate of the second level domain (drivethrurpg.com), but the URL is a third level domain (graphics.drivethrurpg.com), since the URLs are different, the browser is sending the alarm. Since it is a subdomain of the certificated one, there is nothing to worry about, probably.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
That 'potentially malicious' stuff is just a standard message, there shouldn't really be anything to worry about, because the site in question is their own subdomain. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Michael Morris said:
I've disabled the block that displays the ad until Drive Thru fixes the problem on their end.

It's the ad banner at the top of the page, Michael.

Vascant

Wanderer of the Underdark
While I agree.. there "shouldn't" be a problem..there also shouldn't be this problem either. Obviously they are making changes that effect others will very little testing. Disarming people because you assume there is no problem is not the proper recourse since you will not be personally fixing any problems that "could" creep up.

It is a problem and can cause larger problems "if" in the wrong hands.

*Morris: Sorry about the post in General.. waking up and get 2 different systems alarming me of a security issue I kind of get a little.. edgy*

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Do they have another ad or somthing at the very bottom of the page, too, 'cause I get another blank box with the red X down there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads