• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon #147

Jer

Legend
Supporter
ericlboyd said:
Nope, someone else. (Identity revealed in Savage Tide outline, IIRC.)

--Eric

Yeah, I remember reading her name on the outline and thinking "Geez, they're really reaching back into the mists of time to pull HER out, aren't they?" An amusing nod for those of us who have read Dungeon for a long time, I thought.

Great Green God

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
As if I needed any more reason to get #150- Barglicious Goodness!!! And in the same setting as the Red Box adventure (Castle Mistamere- I wonder if they'll keep the same maps from the Basic Set, too; for that matter, I wonder if this will use the high level Bargle from the recent Critical Threat?)

Whizbang mentioned using this in Ptolus, I could actually see setting it on Mystara- with Shambhala-na being either in the Black Mountains of Ethengar or the Glantrian Alps. Hmm... I've been thinking about running a PBEM campaign here.

Other possibilities might be on the Ylaruam side of the the Altan Mountains on the Thyatian border where it could be played as a continuation of a campaign touched off by "Masque of Dreams" (Dungeon 142) which takes place in the Western tip of the Emirates. Could the source of Sehan in Mystara have come from the Lost City? What's it's possible connection to the slime-loving Zargon? ;)

Dropping Exag at the foot of the Sind side of the Black Mountains, works as well as the draft of the Dread Pagoda has it taking place in some high altitudes. In this case and depending on when you set the adventure and how canon you go, you might consider asking what connection the body-jacking denizens of Shambhala-na might have with those who have similar tastes in the Greatrealm. Even better, if you change one little name in the adventure there's the chance (at least in the manuscript version I know and love) that the characters might get to go there. ;)

Those are just off the top of my head. Mystara's open enough that the adventure arc could be dropped into several places. Savage Coast, Red Steel, the Invisible Moon, the Brokenlands, you name it.

-BMC3

Last edited:

James Jacobs

Adventurer
Jer said:
Yeah, I remember reading her name on the outline and thinking "Geez, they're really reaching back into the mists of time to pull HER out, aren't they?" An amusing nod for those of us who have read Dungeon for a long time, I thought.

Yup! That early adventure (from issue #5) was one of my favorites, and when Erik and I were working on Fiendish Codex I it seemed a natural to drop her into one of the Wells of Darkness, which we already knew was going to feature prominently in Savage Tide. The info about her on page 139 of FC1 is a sneaky little preview Erik snuck into the book. :)

As for Iggwilv... she'll be showing up soon enough in the Savage Tide Adventure Path...

ThirdWizard

First Post
Alzrius said:
EDIT: No, the end of Paizo's license to print the magazines didn't actually get mentioned anywhere in this issue. Frankly, I'm glad, as I don't think we need precious pages wasted on telling us what we already know. I'm sure the last issue (and maybe the one before) will have enough about that to take care of the people who haven't heard.

I have to wonder if the majority of subscribers know yet. Nobody at my LGS seemed to know, though they're mostly M:tG junkies. The only person I know who knew before I spread the word amongst my friends was someone who has been illustrating for the mags, so that's a bit of extenuating circumstances there.

senna

First Post
a shot in the dark

I might be reading too much in one sentence, but James said at the paiso boards that an old friend from the previous adventure paths would have her identity revealed, i made the conection on the spot that she was Iggwilv!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
senna said:
I might be reading too much in one sentence, but James said at the paiso boards that an old friend from the previous adventure paths would have her identity revealed, i made the conection on the spot that she was Iggwilv!

Iggwilv hasn't been in any previous Adventure Paths. I think he meant that Saureya, from the Shackled City, is in this month's Savage Tide adventure.

senna

First Post
Iggwilv hasn't been in any previous Adventure Paths. I think he meant that Saureya, from the Shackled City, is in this month's Savage Tide adventure.

He meant Celeste in this thread:http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/pathfinder/runelords/hereWeGoAgain
And i thought that maybe they are one and the same, just a crazy idea!!!

And no major NPCs whose motivations are unclear and who take 3 Adventure Paths before we get her statted up (AKA: Celeste WILL have a full stat block before Savage Tide is over!)

Last edited:

Remove ads