• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon A Day?

Kuato

First Post
Has something happened to Monte Cook's Dungeon a Day website? I came back from GenCon all jazzed about roleplaying, and I can't seem to get on that site anymore.

Did it go belly-up at some point? I can't seem to find news about it anywhere, yay or nay.

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
Hi, all--

The company that powers Dungeon A Day (called Subhub) suffered a catastrophic server failure last week. More accurately, the company that hosts Subhub suffered that failure, so Subhub moved to a new server source. This in turn created all sorts of domain name problems for all of Subhub's clients. That's why, for a while there, if you went to Welcome to Dungeonaday!, you ended up on some other random company's site (some other Subhub client)--even when Dungeon A Day itself was back up and running.

In the mean time, we've redirected the Welcome to Dungeonaday! domain to a non-Subhub site. From there you can get into the Dungeon A Day site via what is basically the same link that Mark posted above.

The bottom line is that if you go to Welcome to Dungeonaday!, you will get Dungeon A Day, and you will be able to get into the site from there. There remain some problems with internal links, though, and that unfortunately may continue to be the case for some time as they need to be recoded manually.

In the mean time, we haven't skipped a single day's content, so if you log on for the first time in, say, a week, you'll have a week's worth of new encounters. And although all of this was out of our hands, we're looking at providing some additional free material for our subscribers as a Thank You for their patience.

Remove ads