• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Adventure: Heathen

Hawke

Explorer
I vote for the KotS style. I hate flipping pages around like that. It gives the impression I'm more running the module rather than we're all immersed in the game as I flip around. Maybe that's my issue. Seems like an interesting module so far... will be a bit before my players will get a chance to play it though.

Hawke

Explorer
I kind of wish there was more to the end...

Spoilers:
After defeating Naarash, what's the overall development to the cult? How do the players push them to break up and regain control of the land with some proof that the demon is dead and they shouldn't worship Bane? Did I miss some part of the adventure that explains this a bit?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I didn't even bother to read the adventure. If they are going with the flip back and forth method, I'm out of DDI for sure.

Plus, is there a reason there is not an introductory adventure on the site somewhere? Wouldn't you expect the first Dungeon adventure to be in support of new DMs? So much for trying to attract new DMs and players.

Hawke

Explorer
Zaukrie said:
I didn't even bother to read the adventure. If they are going with the flip back and forth method, I'm out of DDI for sure.

Plus, is there a reason there is not an introductory adventure on the site somewhere? Wouldn't you expect the first Dungeon adventure to be in support of new DMs? So much for trying to attract new DMs and players.

I noticed that, too. I could understand maybe second level (run Kobold Hall first to get you about there).

I've got two groups I'm DMing (one in person, one remote) and was thinking about running KotS for both groups and then letting one group have a different DM while I play to do H2 and then start doing some more homebrew stuff for the one I continue to DM. I think it would be possible to replace the KotS stuff with this same cult. Perhaps even some references to infighting within the cult and Kalarel's desire to use what he gets at the keep to become the entire leader. You leave KotS at level 3, run some modified homebrew stuff (perhaps some encounters available in on DDI re kots) and get them to 5 before beginning Heathen.

Remove ads