D&D 4E DUNGEON and DRAGON --the 4E magazines

Which of the 4th Edition "Dungeon" on-line magazines, and which of the "Dragon" magazines, are "must-haves", if one were to select, say, 5 of each, to download?

Don't just submit an answer; show your work, please.

Oh, I have them all. I am just trying to find out which ones I should read, and which ones I can give a skip, what with limited time, and all.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I really liked the one which included the Crimson Legionnaire, Warlock Paladin Hybrid rules were rather yummy. Dragon 381

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
381 had a smattering of powers which according to the text allowed you to play "an Endurance focused fighter, an Athletics-focused ranger, an Acrobatics-focused rogue, or an Intimidate-focused warlord. Each of these has a specific skill as a prerequisite, plus an effect designed to make the power incorporate or emulate the use of that skill as part of its execution."

They weren't really enough to do that... 3 warlord powers? and too little too late (level 7 and 13 and 25) they are never the less interesting in that each were Strength vs Will. And would be rather Controller if they had more range or affected more than 1 enemy.

Admittedly there are abundant ways to make an Endurance focused fighter I think but having some frosting is good.

Accordingly looking around for Warlord fear effects to call those others icing. We have an insightful Warlord which according to its text: are skilled at demoralizing foes. Well the language is there. ;) , but that seems where it ends.

MoutonRustique

Explorer
Oh, I have them all. I am just trying to find out which ones I should read, and which ones I can give a skip, what with limited time, and all.

Right! Ok, yeah.

... yeah, I don't know what to tell you on this : I have an organized archive of the articles, and every time I open it (almost daily) I find 10 things I want to (re-)read right now. There's just so much cool stuff! (And I seem to forget most of it much to fast...)

Maybe if you give some general themes of what you'd like to peruse ?

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Right! Ok, yeah.

... yeah, I don't know what to tell you on this : I have an organized archive of the articles, and every time I open it (almost daily) I find 10 things I want to (re-)read right now. There's just so much cool stuff! (And I seem to forget most of it much to fast...) ?

You getting grey around the brain cells too eh.

Any of the Dragon magazines that have "must use" character options/feats/powers/new classes.

Any really good adventures in the Dungeon magazines.

Info on the Nentir Vale/PoLand campaign setting.

Any interesting new or updated monsters.

Remove ads