Dungeon Bash Mods

Flyspeck23

First Post
Skarn Rapajya said:
Actually, from my admittedly amateur perspective where such things are concerned, I don't see it being so huge. The modifications are really minor, with the biggest thing being the opponents file. For a straight hive crawl its mainly copy and paste plus leveling up the bug of choice.

That's house rule territory. A lot of things would have to be revisited to make it playable. While you're able to adjust anything on the fly, this shouldn't be required for "SciFi Bash" (or whatever it's called). Quests, NPCs and traps need to be rewritten, among other things.

And if I'll ever do it, it'd include all sorts of SciFi specific material. A Spaceship Generator for instance.

Skarn Rapajya said:
I might just consider it. The most difficult part is coming up with either a unique +0 CR bug, or else finding something suitable in pure OGL to adapt. I've never been very adept at creating new critters for D20, just putting together the pieces others have provided. ;)

I'll see what I can come up with. Once I decide on what bug to use, I'll run it by you before I go writing up the rest of the adaptation. OTOH, the layout'd be all you. I can make it work, but I can't make it pretty. :) Too bad WotC didn't make the Klick OGL. :\

Of course I'd do the layout. I've been thinking about collecting all DB house rules in a single PDF anyway (as a free web enhancement of course). If you come up with enough material I'd make it into its own PDF.

As for suitable critters, why not use OGC creatures and rename them? It's cheap, I know, but it'd get the job done. I'd say (dire) animals would work well. And outsiders. Depending on how "advanced" the critters shall be, even Monstrous Humanoids might do the trick.

Skarn Rapajya

First Post
Flyspeck23 said:
Not too sure about the name though... "Tyranith"... sounds familiar ;)
Upon reflection, I see why. Need to come up with something that doesn't sound like it belongs in 40K.

I'm open to suggestions on the name.

Flyspeck23

First Post
Skarn Rapajya said:
Upon reflection, I see why. Need to come up with something that doesn't sound like it belongs in 40K.

I'm open to suggestions on the name.

Arachs, Nids, Ticks, Mites, Arthropods, Arths, Pods.

Remove ads