D&D 5E Dungeon Master Guild: List of available sources?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
The DG website states

When you create your own title for the Dungeon Masters Guild, you get access to a hoard of resources. Your work can use any of the fifth edition D&D rules published by Wizards of the Coast, plus decades of published material for the Forgotten Realms setting.

Is there available somewhere a specific listing of what that means. For example, is the Unearthed Arcana articles material included? And what about old FR material? Is there an official master listing (I'm aware of several unofficial ones) of all FR products?

Also note that it does not release all FR intellectual property. Specifically, artwork, including maps, are not released under this license/agreement.

Quickleaf

Legend
The DG website states

When you create your own title for the Dungeon Masters Guild, you get access to a hoard of resources. Your work can use any of the fifth edition D&D rules published by Wizards of the Coast, plus decades of published material for the Forgotten Realms setting.

Is there available somewhere a specific listing of what that means. For example, is the Unearthed Arcana articles material included? And what about old FR material? Is there an official master listing (I'm aware of several unofficial ones) of all FR products?

My hunch is that UA is not officially approved (Since it's not technically "published" and still in development for potential publication). Though I doubt anyone's going to police that, from what I've seen of DMs Guild.

Your best bet is to formulate a specific question, and if no one can give you an answer here, submit a contact request over at DMs Guild. Matt McElroy, director at OneBookshelf, and his staff have been good about getting back to me fielding my questions, though sometimes it takes a while.

Jeremy E Grenemyer

Feisty
Supporter
Given that the Sundering has reversed the overlap between the worlds of Toril and Abeir, does it follow that Abeir is now its own setting, separate from the Realms?

I ask because I have some ideas for DMs Guild content that won't fit it in the Realms proper, but that would do nicely in a world like Abeir.

EDIT: I posted this question to the DMs Guild Support page (thanks, Quickleaf). For those of you reading this, I am still interested in your thoughts on my question.

Last edited:

Well, until you get an official ruling, I would think yes. Because WotC/DMsG has stated that we can use locations etc from previous releases/editions of FR stuff. Since Abeir in at least one incantation has been released as a usable location, it would be acceptable to use even though it is not part of the current setting.

I believe the UA content was brought up in the Mearls Reddit AMA and the answer was "no". So you cannot reprint that or use that. But you can probably use it as the basis for something.

As for the Realms, anything on that world is fair game, including Al Qadim and Kara Tur.

Remove ads