• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon of the Fire Opal, Part VI

Jalon Odessa

First Post
After Murhid (and any of the others) leave to take in the wonderous sights and sounsd of Teziir's nightlife, Jalon retires to his room to relax, perform his evening prayers, and contemplate what the future may have in store - in particular tomorrows meeting with Archibald.

[OOC: Jalon memorises 2xDetect Magic, Light, Read Magic, Inflict Light Wounds, Bless, Magic Weapon, Magic Weapon(D), Spiritual Weapon, Hold Person, Spiritual Weapon(D).]

HeavyG

First Post
At night, the port is quiet. About a dozen ships are anchored to the docks, guarded by alert-looking guards.

The streets near the port, however, are bustling with activity. Like any other port town, sailors are spending their money freely in the nearby inns, or carousing on the street, drinking, wenching or gambling (mostly with dice). Crime also runs rampant and the heroes often hear someone who's shouting after some thief, or discovering his belt pouch has been stolen or things like that.

There seems to be less violent crimes as in Westgate, though.

reapersaurus

Explorer
"murhid - this place is more Ubaar's style.... :D

Ordered enough to know how to get around to find things without getting killed, but wild enough to let ya be yourself, have some fun and raise some hell without some Laws getting in the way!"

Ubaar would be looking for a place to drink, dance, wrestle (betting on arm-wrestling matches, if they have them) and let loose after coming so close to dying in the Dungeon.

Anything less would be a waste of the life and power Uthgar shares with Ubaar...

drs

First Post
"Yes time to let loose" He smirks. "Say why don't you go in and order me something strong to drink, I have need to ask a couple of the ship guards a question." He rubs his hands together and then sets out to one of the closer ships, with a touch of pride in his step. As he approaches a pair of guards he tries as best to make his demeanor as friendly as possible, as well as holding two silver pieces in his hand. "Fair night tonight eh boys? I was wondering if either of you would know how much it'd cost for a trip across the blue liquid sky know as the sea? More specifically Ordulin? Just a rough price would do..." [If they have no idea at all Murhid will ask where he could find such information.] He then flicks the guards a silver piece each and makes his way to the inn chosen by Ubaar. Taking his seat next to Ubaar, he looks the crowd over.

Taz

First Post
HeavyG said:
(OOC : as an aside, it is well-known that Teziir is the safest city on the den of depravity that is the Dragon Coast.)

The streets near the port, however, are bustling with activity. Like any other port town, sailors are spending their money freely in the nearby inns, or carousing on the street, drinking, wenching or gambling (mostly with dice). Crime also runs rampant and the heroes often hear someone who's shouting after some thief, or discovering his belt pouch has been stolen or things like that.

OOC: Safest city, eh? Wondering how the other cities are like, then! :rolleyes: ;)

Taz will stay in the tavern of choice, having a fine meal and a drink after a long day journeying, watching the locals and keeping the gem safe. Also, she'll take care, that the party will have rooms for the night, unless someone else did already rent some.

HeavyG

First Post
reapersaurus said:
Ubaar would be looking for a place to drink, dance, wrestle (betting on arm-wrestling matches, if they have them) and let loose after coming so close to dying in the Dungeon.

You find a bar with a ring where people, mostly sailors, are wrestling in a kind of central arena. It seems to be a "challenge" system, where two guys wrestle and the winner gets challenged by someone in the crowd and so on. There's also all kinds of drinking, dancing and other shenanigans going on.

No arena deathmatches like in Westgate here, but I figure it's cool with you right ?

(If you want to wrestle, do 5 grappling rolls (d20+str mod+BAB) and I'll describe how you did. :D - Playing each battle out would take a month of real time.)

Also, the guards that Murhid approached told him that crossing the Dragonmere to Sembia should cost about 10 gold pieces if you don't mind not having a private cabin, and take a few days, depending on weather and so on. Also, Ordulin is a land-locked city, and so, they said, your best bet would be to land in Selgaunt and walk the rest of the way. Ships leave for Selgaunt pretty much daily.

Taz said:
OOC: Safest city, eh? Wondering how the other cities are like, then! :rolleyes: ;)

Yeah :D.

It's safer as far as bodily damage goes, but not for the purse. :D

Life (and death) is pretty cheap on the Dragon Coast.

(Sorry for the lateness. I tried to post on friday but the boards refused to accept my post.)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
HeavyG said:
You find a bar with a ring where people, mostly sailors, are wrestling in a kind of central arena. It seems to be a "challenge" system, where two guys wrestle and the winner gets challenged by someone in the crowd and so on. There's also all kinds of drinking, dancing and other shenanigans going on.

Kytess feels right at home...

reapersaurus

Explorer
Ubaar's eyes light up at the wrestling ring.

He slaps Kytess on the back and says excitedly, "Wanna wrastle, Kyte?" ;)

If she declines, he'll disappointedly say "It'd be a LOT funner with you, ;) but I guess I'll have to take it out on these unfortunate opponents..." :D

Ubaar will wait his turn, studying the style(s) of wrestling arrayed in this tavern, casting Bull's Strength on himself, apply some Suregrip if it seems there might be enough money to be won to offset the cost of the Suregrip application (50 gp), then challenge the victor and step into the ring, taking off his armor and all, leaving only a loincloth and his necklace, revealing his Thunderlizard tattoo acrost his chest and bulging muscles...

He'll flex for Kytess sexily, winking at the only audience member he cares about. ;)

If he's in trouble in the match(es), he'll Rage (up to 3 times).
His current STR is 19 + the Bull's Strength roll, his BAB is 3
If you want me to roll, I'll do that next post, otherwise if you feel like doing it, and if he wins, Ubaar would do multiple matches tonight, wagering fairly highly in good faith on his prowess. (up to ~200 - 250 gp range total)

HeavyG

First Post
reapersaurus said:
apply some Suregrip if it seems there might be enough money to be won to offset the cost of the Suregrip application (50 gp)

wagering fairly highly in good faith on his prowess. (up to ~200 - 250 gp range total)

People seem to be betting amounts in silver pieces, mostly, sometimes going up to a few gold pieces.

It's mostly working-class joes in here, or the medieval peasant equivalent.

reapersaurus said:
If you want me to roll, I'll do that next post

Please do. :D

You got a +4 for the Bull's Strength, btw.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
reapersaurus said:
He slaps Kytess on the back and says excitedly, "Wanna wrastle, Kyte?" ;)

If she declines, he'll disappointedly say "It'd be a LOT funner with you, ;) but I guess I'll have to take it out on these unfortunate opponents..." :D

"No, you're too strong." :( "I'll watch you, though!"

reapersaurus said:
He'll flex for Kytess sexily, winking at the only audience member he cares about. ;)

Kytess notices, but fails to see what Ubaar means -- if indeed she saw it was intended for her.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads