• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon of the Fire Opal, Part VI

reapersaurus

Explorer
Much preferring a ring of Good Sports as opposed to a Deathmatch Contest, Ubaar steps inside the ring with his opponent(s), grinning good-naturedly yet savagely (Intimidate).

OOC: Heavy, I rolled (with the +9 modifier) a 20, a 24, a 29!, a 12, and a 27.
Yup, got a natural. :)
You should let me roll more often.... ;)

HeavyG

First Post
The night sped by like a dream. The electrical atmosphere in the tavern, the shouts of the crowd, the free-flowing alcohol...

When Ubaar stepped into the ring the first time and quickly defeated his opponent, the crowd noticed. The following hours went by quickly, as the barbarian took down most of his civilized opponents quickly and efficiently. There was one point where the half-orc was worried a bit as he was wrasslin' a red-bearded dwarf from the Great Rift, but he finally won after a long struggle.

Near the end of the night, the combination of drunk alcohol, fatigue, the end of the strength spell and a huge, ugly bald guy (nicknamed "Ogre" by the crowd, and rightly so) got the better of the warrior. By that time, however, a good had already been had by all, and the companions managed to pay for the evening's celebrations as well as make a small profit from betting on the priest of Uthgar (about 10-15 gold pieces each, all told).

Taz

First Post
After a refreshing meal and some drinks, Taz goes up to her room and after making sure the room is locked, everything is where it belongs, and the gem is safe, the halfling quickly falls asleep under Sheela's watchful eyes...

HeavyG said:
It's safer as far as bodily damage goes, but not for the purse. :D

OOC: Just wondering, since you referred to it as the safest city in reply to (or so I thought) Taz' mentioning of possible thievery! ;)

HeavyG said:
Life (and death) is pretty cheap on the Dragon Coast.

OOC: How much for an extra life? :D ;)

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
Ubaar stumbles home (preferrably leaning on little Kyte - she's stronger than she looks! ;) ), feeling satisfied (well, almost ;) ).

Between the drink, the celebration of life, the besting in physical combat, and a job almost seen thru to completion - only a day away...

Life is Good to Ubaar. :D

HeavyG

First Post
reapersaurus said:
Life is Good to Ubaar. :D

... and this is when a dragon crashed on the inn... (kidding)

The rest of the night passes without incident, and the party wakes up (at various times) to the welcoming aroma of baking bread coming from the inn's kitchen.

(Edit : Yay ! I can post ! I can post !)

Last edited:

Taz

First Post
Taz will be in the tavern room quite early and await the rest of the party while having breakfast.

“Good Morning to you all! Are you well rested?”

She sighs melancholy.

“Our journey will find its end today. I'm already looking forward to meet the good Archibald again.”

Jalon Odessa

First Post
Jalon Odessa wakes shortly before dawn, and sets about performing his morning prayers and rituals. After paying worship to his lord and patron, Tyr, Jalon purposefully dons his armour and ichor-stained surcoat, secures his weapons and black gauntlet, and adjusts the silver fist icon hanging about his neck. The priest then takes his backpack, torch and adventuring supplies and places them about his person, before slowly pulling on his long, battle-worn leather boots and heading to the common room.

After ordering a sparce meal from the inkeeper of water, bread and unsalted broth, Jalon notices Taz sitting alone at a table, and moves to join her. The warrior-priest addresses the diminutive halfling cordially.

'Good morning, miss Taz. I trust the evening experiencing the sights and sounds of Teziir was enjoyed by all?

'I hope the others are well-rested, as we should like to leave to return the opal by mid-morning. Are the others still sleeping, even at this late hour?'

Taz

First Post
“experiencing... oh well, yes this place was quite cozy and the dinner was good as well! I don't know, if the others enjoyed their lil tour or whether they are still asleep, almost seems like.”

Taz shrugs and continues with her breakfast.

drs

First Post
Murhid comes down the stairs just about tripping on his way down. If he had hair it would have been a mess, just as much as his clothes. He sits down straightens his clothes a little and orders something to eat.
"Beautiful day isn't it my friends" Murhid says as he squints out at a window. "I have it in trust you two had a well night? When do you think we will have set off for travel to seek Archibald? After we eat?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads