• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon of the Fire Opal, Part VI

reapersaurus

Explorer
HeavyG said:
"A dragon in the ruins of the monastery of the fire opal ? What do you mean demon-red ? Was it big ? Can you tell me exactly what happened ?"
"ehh - it was a baby one, but big enough to be guardian of place. And it was part demon, or something.

I think some lizard-men were brought in to train it by tha witchy-woman - Taz, was she from out of town, or something?

She wasn't a local, is all Ubaar knows."

Taz

First Post
HeavyG said:
"Here you go, 7 bags with 1000 gold pieces each. I also took the liberty of adding a bonus since you did the job so quickly." He gives Taz a small bag. Looking inside reveals a bunch of small gems. "There's fifteen hundred gold pieces worth in there. Nice job."

“Thank you, it was a pleasure to be of help. I'll see that everyone will get a fair share of that bonus.”

Taz bows and then takes the small bag and one big bag of gold. Noticing the weight of the money bag, Taz lets it slide to the floor and says with a smile:

“You don't happen to have some lighter coins, do you?”

He also takes a good look at Kytess and says, "It looks like there's something wrong with madam Kytess. I can have a priest look at her if you wish."

“Please, that would be great. I know something is wrong with her, she seems so... childlike and unperceptive...”

Overhearing Ubaar still talk to Archibald, Taz heads back into the room.

I think some lizard-men were brought in to train it by tha witchy-woman - Taz, was she from out of town, or something?

“Yes indeed. The lizardmen were hired to train the dragon, for whatever foul purpose the demon-witch had in mind. And now that you say it, I still have her journal with me, maybe it'll be of interest?”

Taz takes out Skazzyg's spellbook and journal and holds it towards Archibald.

Taz

First Post
“She was on a task for someone else down there, some demon or devil... or worse... it's all in there! Well, some of it, at least.”

HeavyG

First Post
Taz said:
Taz bows and then takes the small bag and one big bag of gold. Noticing the weight of the money bag, Taz lets it slide to the floor and says with a smile:

“You don't happen to have some lighter coins, do you?”

Without so much as a smile, the butler says, "Well, we have copper coins. Those are marginally lighter, madam."

One of the guys carrying the bags answers "We would have paid you in gems, but you would have to sell those in town, probably at a loss, so we figured this would be better since you were probably going to spend it in town and thus wouldn't need to carry them very far."

Then Oscan says, "We can always pay you in scrolls or minor magical items, if you prefer. We have a few here on sale."

(He offers a 25% discount on scrolls and potions too)

Taz said:
“Please, that would be great. I know something is wrong with her, she seems so... childlike and unperceptive...”

When the party is done here, Oscan will bring Kytess to brother Huylan, a priest of Azuth and hireling of Archibald's. After a short examination of Kytess, he'll cast a spell (using up a diamond in the progress), muttering about "undead drain" and Kytess will regain her faculties. (Restoration - all wisdom regained)

Taz said:

Overhearing Ubaar still talk to Archibald, Taz heads back into the room.

“Yes indeed. The lizardmen were hired to train the dragon, for whatever foul purpose the demon-witch had in mind. And now that you say it, I still have her journal with me, maybe it'll be of interest?”

Taz takes out Skazzyg's spellbook and journal and holds it towards Archibald.

Archibald seems very interested as he skims the journal. Finally, he lifts his head up and says "Very interesting. That woman was with the Cult of Dragons, my old enemies, as shown by that diagram. May I keep this ? There are a couple of interesting incantations in that spellbook too. I will give you two thousand gold pieces for it, since you *he indicates Taz* have no need of such a book."

HeavyG

First Post
Oh, I'm taking the bus to the Parental-land-of-no-internet tonight. I won't be back in town until the 3rd at the earliest. See you in 2003 for the final final wrapup of the campaign, and have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year, everyone !

Taz

First Post
HeavyG said:
Without so much as a smile, the butler says, "Well, we have copper coins. Those are marginally lighter, madam."

“Uhm...” Taz wonders, whether he just makes fun, or has not understood her question...

One of the guys carrying the bags answers "We would have paid you in gems, but you would have to sell those in town, probably at a loss, so we figured this would be better since you were probably going to spend it in town and thus wouldn't need to carry them very far."

Then Oscan says, "We can always pay you in scrolls or minor magical items, if you prefer. We have a few here on sale."

“Well, yes, we'll probably spend the coins here. Thanks, I think it'll work somehow. Minor magical items you say? Maybe I'll find something of use in your selection...”

Archibald seems very interested as he skims the journal. Finally, he lifts his head up and says "Very interesting. That woman was with the Cult of Dragons, my old enemies, as shown by that diagram. May I keep this ? There are a couple of interesting incantations in that spellbook too. I will give you two thousand gold pieces for it, since you *he indicates Taz* have no need of such a book."

“Of course, you can have it, as we have no further need for it. 2000 gold pieces you say? That's a most generous offer. Thank you!”

MERRY CHRISTMAS

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
HeavyG said:
When the party is done here, Oscan will bring Kytess to brother Huylan, a priest of Azuth and hireling of Archibald's. After a short examination of Kytess, he'll cast a spell (using up a diamond in the progress), muttering about "undead drain" and Kytess will regain her faculties. (Restoration - all wisdom regained)

YAY!! :D

drs

First Post
Murhid watches his companions in silence, and contemplates what to do. What to do with his new found bounty and what to do considering his life, what path to take.

"Maybe it will present it self to me" he says quietly, thinking out aloud.

Happy holidays all!

Taz

First Post
“We should identify the few magical treasures we found, then we can see what the money can do for us here in the big city and take care that everyone gets a fair share of it!” :)

Taz will ask Oscan (or Archibald himself, if he doesn't seem to busy to be bothered with such simple questions), if Archibald or one of his employees offer identification services, or whether he can sell us a 4th level identify scroll, which would be just as good.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads