• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon of the Fire Opal, Part VI

HeavyG

First Post
Taz said:
Taz will ask Oscan (or Archibald himself, if he doesn't seem to busy to be bothered with such simple questions), if Archibald or one of his employees offer identification services, or whether he can sell us a 4th level identify scroll, which would be just as good.

As it turns out, Archibald is a busy man. Besides finishing the enchantment on his sword and analyzing the diary you have just sold him, he has a billion things to do, all important, it seems.

However, Oscan brings Taz and whoever wants to come to the "Magic Shoppe", actually just a room with a desk and a clerk with a price list for what they have in the vault. It just so happens they have such a scroll. With the 25% discount on scrolls and potions (this time only, you understand...), the scroll comes down to 150gp.
(If my math is correct)

(Since this is the end of the adventure and all, we'll also assume that the "shoppe" has whatever it is you wish to acquire at standard book price.)

Assuming Taz uses the scroll to identify the magical items found in the Dungeon of the Fire Opal, she will determine that :
- The wand is a wand of magic missiles (3rd caster level, 14 charges left)
- The cloak from the tiefling wizard is a cloak of resistance +1
- The warped staff from the undead priest seems to be both enchanted to strike and protects from good people (not strictly canon use of the id spell, but it is a +1 quarterstaff (only one end) and radiates Protection from Good)

Was there something else I'm forgetting ?

Taz

First Post
Taz seems to have a magic ring as well, but doesn't remember where she got that. That's why she wanted a fourth level scroll, because there have been four magic items to identify.

Subtracts 150gp from the loot for the identify.

HeavyG

First Post
Taz said:
Taz seems to have a magic ring as well, but doesn't remember where she got that.

Right, now I remember, the undead priest had a ring as well.

Taz said:
That's why she wanted a fourth level scroll, because there have been four magic items to identify.

I had figured that out, that's why I asked if there was another item.

The ring is a counterspell ring. It currently holds a searing light spell.

reapersaurus

Explorer
"Uhh... those things not interesting to Ubaar.

Could someone good at counting tell me what all we got, and maybe what Ubaar's cut is of it?
I'm not good at counting..." :(

Jalon Odessa

First Post
reapersaurus said:
"Uhh... those things not interesting to Ubaar.

'Agreed, Ubaar. Such items as gthose gathered from our fallen foes were assuredly made for an evil purpose, to serve evil masters. We would be well-advised to leave them be, and certainly not to use them ourselves.

'As for the monetary reward, feel free to divide that amongst yourselves as you will. I require no more wealth than what the Fists of Tyr see fit to grant me, and certainly have no use for a life of excess.'

HeavyG

First Post
Mmh. 10 days between posts.

I think that's a wrap, people.

Thus ends the adventure of the Non-iconics in the Dungeon of the Fire Opal, first named Samnell's non-iconics game, started sometimes in September 2001.

I would like to thank all of you for the fun I've had this last year DMing this fine group. I hope you have found your time in this adventure worthwhile. I certainly learned a thing or two about DMing from you fine players and I like to think we contributed to the takeoff of the In Character forum on this message board. :)

Still, all good things have an end. I have lacked the free time a game like this requires (which is a lot) for a while now, as my job keeps taking more and more of my time, so I feel that the quality of the game has suffered lately and for that I'm sorry.

I wish you all the best.

Heavy G

HeavyG

First Post
Jalon Odessa said:
'Agreed, Ubaar. Such items as gthose gathered from our fallen foes were assuredly made for an evil purpose, to serve evil masters. We would be well-advised to leave them be, and certainly not to use them ourselves.

'As for the monetary reward, feel free to divide that amongst yourselves as you will. I require no more wealth than what the Fists of Tyr see fit to grant me, and certainly have no use for a life of excess.'

Dude, you're soooo lawful good. :D

drs

First Post
T'was a ball HG!
I can't thank you enough for the time and effort you've put into this game.

Murhid nods as to say *is it clea-*, I mean *Good luck and farewell, everyone.* ;)

And here we are just one last time...

Attachments

• groupshot.gif
    groupshot.gif
    191.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads