• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon of the Fire Opal, Part VI

Jalon Odessa

First Post
Thanks for the amazingly understanding, thoughtful and helpful DMing of the adventure, Heavy G - it truly has been a joy to play in this game, with a great crew of players aswell.

I guess I just wanted to congratulate everyone on a well-run party - we managed to scrape through without any deaths, and on the whole I think we handled ourselves pretty well (even with the occasional intra-party personality clash near the start... :) ).

Hmm... now I'm getting the itch to start another character. Anyone up for another PbP? :D

reapersaurus

Explorer
Wrap-up time!

whew!
Heavy, I'm glad you called it when you did, cause you guys know I woulda started saying something about wrapping it up eventually! :)

I've been wondering for awhile how this would end, and I guess it's just one adventure in the lives of our characters.

Kinda makes you think about things:
[ramble] If our characters were like this adventure, how many different groups of adventurers might they team up with?
I'm presuming that most adventurers don't stay around with each other after a job is done - how often would they meet up with each other on a different job, later in their careers?

In this adventure, who would stay together, do you think, and why?
I'm thinking that Kytess would want to be around the always-centered Murhid to provide her that sense of purpose she desires without even admitting or realizing it.

Taz and Sollir have racial ties, but I don't know about anyone else.
Ubaar might want to follow Kytess around, but he is probably starting to get the hint that she doesn't like him, so he might try gladiator fighting or somesuch for awhile.

Thought : What if our characters met in other games that are being run?
I actually wrote in Ubaar's background (for DM_Matt's "Against the Storm" game) that he parted with you guys as friends, but left as blood enemies with Ivellios.

I don't see many of you guys being active in other games, and I have many thoughts/questions about your experiences in this (IMO) well-done, and classic PbP adventure:

Are any of you burnt out on PbP gaming?
Did you just get your fill of it with this one character, and want to try others (as Seraph mentioned), or would you want to re-use these characters?
For my part, I love playing Ubaar and think I have a strong handle on him, so I would continue playing him wherever games are held.

I'm wondering if you guys would want to swap impressions about the game, and how it went:
what worked, maybe what didn't work.

We've gamed for over a year together, and I'm proud of our efforts, appreciative of Heavy's skill and commitment, and I think we blazed the trail for all this massive amounts of gaming that's going on in the IC Forum nowadays.

Thoughts, guys?
Or do you just want to say goodbye, and not talk about the adventure.
Maybe we can share our favorite parts, etc. ?

drs

First Post
Re: Wrap-up time!

reapersaurus said:
Did you just get your fill of it with this one character, and want to try others (as Seraph mentioned), or would you want to re-use these characters?
I doubt I'd use Murhid again for another game, though having said that he's my favorite character out of the 4 PBP I'm in or was in... But I spose that's more because of the group and not the character.

reapersaurus said:
If our characters were like this adventure, how many different groups of adventurers might they team up with?
I'm presuming that most adventurers don't stay around with each other after a job is done - how often would they meet up with each other on a different job, later in their careers?
Yeah good point, it's something normal games prevent; allowing you to roam, gain contacts, and find the right group for you. You people ever seen the movie Ronin? That's pretty similar to our adventure, 'cept for the guns, cars, characters, everything... well sort of similar ;).

As far as favorite parts one would have to be the joke CRG said 'bout Kytess' and Murhid's silent conversation in the tunnel. The other fav parts would be all of HeavyG's resolving combat round posts, was like a birthday present whenever a new one came :). I'm sure they'd be others, just hard to remember that far back.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Re: Wrap-up time!

reapersaurus said:
I'm thinking that Kytess would want to be around the always-centered Murhid to provide her that sense of purpose she desires without even admitting or realizing it.

Yes, for the time being. She's comfortable around Murhid, much more than any of the other members.

reapersaurus said:
Ubaar might want to follow Kytess around, but he is probably starting to get the hint that she doesn't like him, so he might try gladiator fighting or somesuch for awhile.

Right now, Kytess doesn't dislike Ubaar, though she sometime is annoyed with him. She's not very good at moderating her feelings -- it's all on or all off for her.

She's not really ready for any kind of emotional commitment now, though that could change soon. I don't think I'm qualified to play her at that point, though; it's a gener issue.

reapersaurus said:
Are any of you burnt out on PbP gaming?

No, not really, though I don't think I'll pick up another one. I now have a regular game as a player in RL, and my schedule could use pruning.

reapersaurus said:

Kytess was already a reuse, actually. :)

reapersaurus said:
We've gamed for over a year together, and I'm proud of our efforts, appreciative of Heavy's skill and commitment, and I think we blazed the trail for all this massive amounts of gaming that's going on in the IC Forum nowadays.

We did blaze a trail, or at least show that the trail blazed by PC was open to all.

I really enjoyed the adventure, and would like to thank Heavy G for running it. It was a bvlast, and you were great, Heavy!

reapersaurus said:
Maybe we can share our favorite parts, etc. ?

I liked the silent conversation, the Wis 1, and the Ivelios/Ubaar disputes that Kytess was in the middle of -- but that's just because I focus on my character's part in the adventure. :)

HeavyG

First Post
Thanks for the good words, people. I'm touched.

I've had some fun this past year, but it was hard work and long hours. Especially the combat posts Murhid liked so much. I'm glad it was appreciated. :)

My favorite part was Kyte with a wis of 1 too !

It's true that professional adventurers would not necessarily be working with the same people all the time, although it's hard to do with a normal campaign.

Taz

First Post
Sorry guys, that I didn't come back here earlier! :)

HeavyG, it was a pleasure to game under your guidance, you are a really good DM and while the adventure suffered from a little slowdown in the end, it was really a lot of fun! GOOD JOB! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :)

All of you, it was a lot of fun to go out on this adventure at your side! :)

reaper, I havn't thought about Taz' future yet; maybe, if there comes an opportunity, I'll lead her into another adventure. For now, she'll take a little rest, while I control the fate of my elven cleric in a very roleplayingheavy (which means almost no fighting basically ;)) campaign on a german D&D messageboard and that of my elven rogue/wizard through the perils of RttToEE per mailing list (you might have noticed, that I am not that often around these parts of the web momentarily).

BTW, if there will come another time for Taz to go out on another adventure, how much XP do we get in the end!? :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads