Dungeon Raiders: The Wolf's Den

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Aeiyan continues to brace himself against expected tension in the rope.

"One of the ghouls retreated," he calls down over the side. "Hurry if you want a shot at the other one!"

He readies an action: As soon as Sulannus climbs the rope, Aeiyan will coil it up and stow it in his backpack.

"Or let me know if this isn't working," he adds.

Li Shenron

Legend
The second ghoul recoils in pain from Tock's blow and grins angrily at the warforged.

Round 3 continues:

Initiative:
20 - Rejik 10/10hp
18 - Tock 6/12hp
12 - Aeiyan 7/11hp
12 - Sulannus 5/7hp << we are here
7 - Bartleby 9/10hp
6 - Ghouls (2, wounded, one run off into the boulder maze)

Shayuri

First Post
Sulannus grits her teeth and clenches and unclenches her fists rapidly for a second, trying to psych herself up...then grabs the rope and emits an almost comically pained 'HRRRRGH' noise as she hoists herself up the relatively short span and onto the rocky ledge!

"I did it!" the high elf exults, a moment of girlish glee poking through her usual haughtiness for a moment. It doesn't last long though. As she remembers herself and her company, she quickly gets to her feet and takes elaborate care brushing herself off.

"Yes. Anyway. Don't you people have monsters to kill or something?"

(OOC - Climb check 13! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4500320/
I am fuzzy on if that allows an attack on her turn still, so I went ahead and rolled a Ray of Frost as well. If she gets that attack feel free to narrate it in so I don't have to hold things up waiting on approval. 11 to hit, 4 damage. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4500327/ )

Li Shenron

Legend
Sulannus climbs up from the cliff and quickly unleashes her Ray of Frost at the angry Ghouls. The undead is barely grazed by the cold beam, but the distraction is enough to allow Bartleby to land a solid hit through the dead flesh. The ghoul retreats and then vanish into the maze of boulders behind.

Round 4 starts:

Initiative:
20 - Rejik 10/10hp << we are here
18 - Tock 6/12hp
12 - Aeiyan 7/11hp
12 - Sulannus 5/7hp
7 - Bartleby 9/10hp
6 - Ghouls (2 wounded, both run off into the boulder maze)

wedgeski

Adventurer
Rejik watches the creature as it retreats, squinting into the dark.

He takes up position between the boulders and the lip of the cave, shield up. "Let's get everyone up here," he growls, "then we can hunt some ghoul."

[OOC ROUND 4: Rejik positions himself defensively, in such a way that if anything comes at them from the boulders, he'll get a swing at it first. He also uses the Search action to try and spot any ghouls or other foes hiding in the boulders.]

[OOC Perception check: 1d20+3=16]

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Tock stows his halberd and draws his dagger, better suited to the cramped and twisted maze of boulders ahead. A trail of black ooze drips from his wounded leg, and the clock on his chest starts ticking in an irregular beat, at it is prone to do at moments of stress.

"What can you see, Rejik?" he says quietly, "Do we pursue the creatures into the dark, or not?"

[OOC: Using Protection on Rejik or himself (priority Rejik) if we're attacked]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"Of course we pursue the creatures into the maze," Aeiyan responds; "otherwise, they'll stalk us until we rest!"

"Right?" he asks of Sulannus as he heads forward.

During his move forward into the maze, Aeiyan picks up the light hammer that he threw during his most recent attack; and he stows the hammer in its storage loop. He draws his scimitar and, relying on his low-light vision, moves cautiously into the maze, readying a slashing attack in case he should find a ghoul target. "Bring the lights forward as you come, if you would," he adds over his shoulder; "or else call me a fool and call me back."

[OOC: Not rolling any attack yet because I don't know whether he'll find anything.]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
When he sees Aeiyan go, Bartleby charges afterwards. His scimitar is already drawn, and his stout legs taie him through the rocks in pursuit, ready to strike if he sees one of the foul creatures.

Shayuri

First Post
Sulannus summons the motes of light that attend her and sends them skittering down the hall just in advance of Aeiyan. They aren't as bright as a torch, but they give enough of a glow to make their way.

(Dancing Lights...it's only dim light, but she hasn't got a torch or anything so it'll have to do until someone brings a brighter light source. :))

Remove ads