• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Raiders: The Wolf's Den

Li Shenron

Legend
"I am sorry I do not know of another way out... we only went this far, and we had no real idea about how large this dungeon was. But I am willing to continue the exploration with you, no matter what more dangers may lie ahead. If it wasn't for you, I'd be a centipede until my last day!"

In the meantime, the other two thiefs are calming down a bit, then they start talking nervously and with a smirk smile: "We're so grateful too but err... well you see we should really get back to our homes...", "Yes we have wives to go back to...", "...and children...", "Wait, you have children?", "Shut up idiot... yes children, and business to do...", "...lots of business...", "Did you say you killed the ghouls? Is the way out clear?"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"I am sorry I do not know of another way out... we only went this far, and we had no real idea about how large this dungeon was. But I am willing to continue the exploration with you, no matter what more dangers may lie ahead. If it wasn't for you, I'd be a centipede until my last day!"

"We're happy to have been able to help you," says Bartleby. He turns to his colleagues. "And now I suggest we start moving on."

In the meantime, the other two thiefs are calming down a bit, then they start talking nervously and with a smirk smile: "We're so grateful too but err... well you see we should really get back to our homes...", "Yes we have wives to go back to...", "...and children...", "Wait, you have children?", "Shut up idiot... yes children, and business to do...", "...lots of business...", "Did you say you killed the ghouls? Is the way out clear?"

Bartleby smirks at their shallow attempts to maintain some dignity. But he's seen them in their carapace.

"Yes, we cleared the ghouls and the stirges. Go, and I wish you well. Trust the land." This last is a solemn blessing from the druid. It's also a goodbye.

Li Shenron

Legend
Hearing Bartelby's blessing, the two thieves bow politely but then hastily make their way out of of the room, and head back towards the cave.

[OoC: Swift the Halfling Rogue is now following your party. Let's see if his user... I mean player is still onboard for playing with us. In the meantime I take control of Swift as an NPC but won't let him interfere with your plans or take proactive initiatives. I'll use the "fade to background" option, so you can ask Swift to perform some tasks for you, for instance use his skills and tools proficiencies, and if there's a fight he'll be contributing in fairly straightforward (non-creative) ways, unless you instruct him otherwise. Let's keep Swift as an NPC for as long as it makes sense to do so, if the player doesn't come back]

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
"Safe travels to you both" says Tock to the departing thieves. "I am glad we could be of help to you."

He turns to the rest of the group, along with their newest member.

"So, shall we press onwards? There are yet more rooms to explore, and we now have the services of a nimble fingered halfling to help us with any locks or traps we might come across!"

Li Shenron

Legend
"There are still two locked rooms to explore before we continue down the corridor," Bartleby suggests, and he goes to one of the, and tries the lock.

I assume you go for the closest, first in the corridor, door (just to know, it's on the opposite side of the current room).

The key seems to work properly for this door too, but the door itself was already unlocked. Do you want to open the door?

Li Shenron

Legend
The door creaks with a sinister sound, as if it has been a century since it was last opened, and a grim sight is revealed before you... Against the far wall straight in front of the door, at about 20ft from the entrance, a towering horrific bronze statue is standing on a slab of black stone. The statue depicts a skeletal figure wearing a cloak and carrying a scythe. Across the room six figures are standing motionless with a scythe each. In a matter of seconds, you undoubtedly identify them as undead, five of them being presumably former humans, while the last one is far more massive, with its head almost reaching the ceiling. They seem to turn and look at you, and yet they stay where they are...

wedgeski

Adventurer
Rejik freezes, waiting for his blood to run cold, waiting for the sweat to bead on his forehead, for such has always been the effect these grisly atrocities of flesh have on him...but that doesn't happen. Far from it. Instead he feels a surge of fury at the sight of them, a rising swell of power, a burning conduit to his god...

This is new, he thinks.

The urge to raise up the necklace of mementos he keeps from his old life in the war, and through it smite these abominations, is almost too strong to resist. Instead he levels his weapon at the creatures and steps aside so the others can get a good look.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads