Dungeon World Meets Blades in the Dark

I have 4 weekly games (and a 5th monthly) I’m running presently, but that will inevitably contract at some point. When it does, I’ll let you know!

Alright, been awhile since I got back in this thread to update.

First, the Make Camp Downtime Activity:

Spell Recovery: Roll Attune to recover Spell Slots:

6: 3
4/5: 2
1-3: 1

Change here is Arcanist for Book of Spells and Cantrips. Its basically a combo of:

* Leech's Alchemist except sub Formulae for Spells.

* Leech's Bandolier except sub Spells for Alchemical Agents or Spark-Craft Bombs.

THE WIZARD

Starting Actions
: Attune * 2, Illuminate * 1

Dangerous Friends/Allies:

Mubome - Academic headmaster and secret sorcerer
Marquisa - "Witch" of the wood
Forstadt - Down on his luck, 4th generation of the pioneer who founded the Town
"Zombie Jane" - Half-elf who was resurrected after heart torn from her breast by a beast
Apothecary Gertrude - Annis Hag beyond the wall that "accepts" arcanists into her home
Zurpa - Kobold Priest constantly trying to enlist others into the service of Hestekyth "The Cinderlord."

Starting Abilities:

Unseen Servant: You have an invisible, non-expert Cohort Rover made of Force with the Loyal Edge. Name it. It can't do much, but what it can do is useful enough (carry Load 2 for you in invisible pockets, fetch something from across the room...slowly...but invisibly). If its destroyed, you have to fulfill a Downtime Project 4 to restore it.

Ritualist: You know the arcane methods to perform ritual sorcery. You can Study an arcane ritual (or create a new one) to summon a supernatural effect or being. You begin with 1 ritual already learned.

Arcanist: When you research or invent a Spell, you get +1 result level to your roll (a 1-3 becomes a 4/5, etc.).

Your mind is an arcane reservoir for 3 spells. When you cast a spell, choose one from your Spellbook and mark one of your 3 boxes. During downtime at your Hall, you automatically recover your arcane reservoir.

Starting Spells:

Shadow Shield (II, Volatile) - You gather darkness and fling it at an ally in need. The shadows give the ally +2d to resist a complication.

Mage Hand (I) - You gesture toward an object nearby, and a spectral floating hand lifts the object into the air and moves it where you wish.

Light (II) - With a wave of your hand, you cause a bright light to appear on the tip of your staff, upon some other object, or in a nearby space. Lasts a couple of hours.

Suggestion (I) - You weave arcane power through your words, infusing each phrase with persuasive magic.

Shield (II) - You throw up your hand, and a shield of arcane energy springs into existence, giving you a box of special armor against a physical attack.

Arcane Senses (II, Volatile) - You can see the invisible and sense danger before it happens. Lasts a few hours.

Thunderwave (II, Volatile) - You lash your nearby foes with a wave of thunderous power, flinging them far and wide and breaking stuff just like creatures.

Icy Tomb (I) - You target a distant enemy with a freezing ray that briefly traps them in an icy sarcophagus.

Advancement Abilities:

Warded:
You get 2 special armor to resist a supernatural consequence, or to push yourself when you contend with or employ arcane forces.

Counterspell: Stake a Spell and roll Attune to counter a supernatural effect on you or an ally. When you use it to Protect a teammate, take +1d to your resistance roll. You can Protect multiple teammates, but Stake a different Spell and roll Attune for each one.

Arcane Portent: Two times per Adventure you can assist a teammate without paying stress. Describe the vision you get and how it helps them (did you tell them beforehand/now?).

When You Stare Into the Abyss...You Don't Blink: You are immune to supernatural terror. When you make a resistance roll with Spirit, take +1d.

Witches and Warlocks: During downtime, you may consult spirits and entities not of this world to Acquire an Asset or Reduce Doom. When you do, you get +1 result level.

Golemlord: When you invent or craft a creation with arcane features, get +1 result level to your roll (a 1-3 becomes a 4/5, etc.). You begin with one arcane design already known.

Loremaster: Take +1d when you Gather Information about arcane forces or mysteries. You and your allies gain Potency when acting on the answer.

Necromancer: When you Attune with the corpse of the slain, Acquire an Asset. You gain an Elite Cohort for the rest of the Adventure with the Loyal Edge and Savage Flaw and with the Conspicuous Drawback and Volatile Drawback every time you use it.

Prodigy: During downtime, you get two ticks to distribute among any long term project clocks that involve investigation or learning a new formula, design, ritual, or spell.

Alchemist: When you invent or craft a creation with alchemical features, you get +1 result level to your roll (a 1-3 becomes a 4/5, etc.). You begin with one special formula already known.

Unique Equipment:

Fine Wand, Orb, Rod, or Staff (when you use it to channel a spell and resist the Volatile complication, take +1 to resistance rolls) - 1 Load
Veil, Spectacles or Goggles of Magic Detection - 1 Load
Hand Weapon (Close, Hand) - 1 Load
Crossbow (Far, Near, Precise, Reload) and Ammo - 2 Load - * * * * (Ammo)
Potion Belt - 1 Load - * * * (Uses/Slots)
Pointy hat with your arcane mark (because of course) - 0 Load
Arcane Kit (2) (satchel w/ rolled parchment/pen, stoppered bottles for samples to bring back to the workshop, tongs, charms, sanitizer) - 1 Load
(1 Coin) Adventuring Gear (crowbar, ropes/pitons/chalk/harness/clips, torches, winter cloak) - 2 Load * * (Uses)
(1 Coin) Camp Supplies - 2 Load * * * (Uses)

I'll post excerpts of the last 3 sessions when I have time.

Remove ads