D&D General Dungeons and Dragons music!

zasgard

Explorer
Recommendations on D&D music? Something for dungeons and outdoor travels?
Something that I can download and input into Tabletop Simulator.
Thanks

For travel, to me nothing beats the Craft of Ambience creator on YouTube. There are many different "biomes" to choose from. Here he is with The Witcher soundtrack.
The Witcher 3 - Ambience
For more energetic scenes, specifically cities, I would just piece together the parts of the Elder Scroll soundtrack that you enjoy. Parts of the Skyrim soundtrack works well for battles.
Are you able to just play those in the background while using similator. I mean, if it picks up your voice, I see no reason it can't pick up background music.

Li Shenron

Legend
Recommendations on D&D music? Something for dungeons and outdoor travels?
Something that I can download and input into Tabletop Simulator.
Thanks
I am not familiar with Tabletop Simuator, can't you just stream audio or do you really need to have audio files?

If you don't need files, I strongly recommend the free tabletopaudio.com which has both background music and programmable ambient sound effects - try the SoundPad section!

TheSword

Legend
I find the Diablo 3 music is excellent and the Witcher 3 soundtrack. The Skyrim music is great for wilderness play as well.

Last edited:

There is no right or wrong answer to this. You need to choose music that matches the tone of your game, and there are lots of different tones of D&D. I'm not a huge user of music, but I have used classical (Holst, Wagner), computer game music (Icewind Dale theme) and film music (Halloween Theme, Raiders March, Jaws theme, Avengers theme).

Nightwish, Withing Temptation, or Two Steps to the Hell, at least as source of inspiration.

In my mind the official soundtrack of D&D is the intro song of the Spanish version of the 80's cartoon.

Lyrics translated:

We arrived to a fantastic world
full of strange beings
the dungeon master
gave all us powers.
you the barbarian
you the archer, acobrat,
wizard and the knight.
Dragons and dungeons
an infernal world
hidden in the shadows
the evil forces.