Dungeons and Dragon's Tactics

dbm

Savage!
Anyone else got this? I've just picked it up.

Can you multiclass in it? I can only seem to level up in the same class that I already have.

Cheers
Dan

frankthedm

First Post
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=932656

ironsizide said:
Posted 9/10/2007 10:31:26 PM
Depends on what you mean by 'bugs'. I haven't encountered any problem are far as game lock ups or anything. The game does stutter in a couple spots then trying to highlight places you can move to, but that's what one gets when hasting a PC, especially when that PC can move 40'+ in a round anyway. ;)

Now there are some interface issues and some designs decisions to complain about, but really, for the most part, I think it's a lovely implementation of the D&D3.5E rules. There's no multi-classing, which is a bit of a bummer. Some aspects of some classes are not really there (Rangers and Druids from what I gather, and Monks are somewhat wonky). But overall, the meat is all there baby.

It is pretty easy for the most part with the recommended full 6 PCs the game tells you for each campaign scenario. I was easily 4-5 levels above the recommended levels for over half the campaign. You can easily handicap yourself though by taking along fewer characters each time. I am trying my second run through with 3 PCs for example. Lots of classes, and so lots of replayability.

Last edited:

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I think they left multiclassing out because they also left out prestige classes, and a lot of multi-class options are really only viable when you have prestige classes (or are more viable).

Miss having a Fighter/Rogue, though

Pyrex

First Post
Ooh, that looks like fun.

Too bad it's not coming out for the DS. :\

Ah well, I'll just have to console myself with Phantom Hourglass next week. :p

Remove ads