WotC Dungeons & Dragons Fans Seek Removal of Oriental Adventures From Online Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
If my opinion carries less weight then it stands to reason my actions do as well. So I suppose I can just use the trope with impunity.
If that's your take away, then I have to wonder why you've even been engaging on this thread or even if you are engaging in an intellectually honest manner because you don't seem intent of looking at things from a different perspective or trying to understand how others feel. ¯\(ツ)

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
It may be unfair, but sometimes I really get the feeling that some of the posters here would have argued for minstrel shows and coon songs (sorry about the term, but it was a... thing) to not be stopped.

MGibster

Legend
If that's your take away, then I have to wonder why you've even been engaging on this thread or even if you are engaging in an intellectually honest manner because you don't seem intent of looking at things from a different perspective or trying to understand how others feel. ¯\(ツ)

It was a flippant response to being told my opinion wasn't worth much. I actually do try to look at things from the perspective of others, but here's the thing, and this can be a bitter pill to swallow, understanding where someone else is coming from does not automatically lead to a consensus.

Libramarian

Adventurer
How real is that? Is he claiming bullying or anything?
They don't make any concrete claims like that.

It sounds like their coworkers didn't like their work, but instead of criticizing it openly they passive-aggressively ignored it, which led to anxiety and self doubt for this person.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
They don't make any concrete claims like that.

It sounds like their coworkers didn't like their work, but instead of criticizing it openly they passive-aggressively ignored it, which led to anxiety and self doubt for this person.
There was also an allegation of theft of work- as in, someone claiming as theirs the work he had done, without attribution.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
It was a flippant response to being told my opinion wasn't worth much. I actually do try to look at things from the perspective of others, but here's the thing, and this can be a bitter pill to swallow, understanding where someone else is coming from does not automatically lead to a consensus.

I said that your opinion on a matter that affects minorities carries less weight than that of someone that is a part of that minority. It's because your opinions are not derived from a lived experience. I don't see how that is somehow a contentious idea. It's the same as someone who is not Italian and has no experience with Italian cusine from Italy having an opinion on what is "authenically" Italian carrying less weight on the subject than someone who is Italian, lives in Italy, and eat authentic Italian food every day of their life. Not all opinions are equal or come from an informed place. You, not being of a minority in question, have opinions that are inherently less informed than someone who is a minority of the type inquestion. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads