WotC Dungeons & Dragons Fans Seek Removal of Oriental Adventures From Online Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.
No the respectful @Xenonnonex implied that those Asians who did not offer the same view as the offended Asians was because
they were told to bear it and not rock the boat, thus their opinions were not of outrage.

This informs us that @Xenonnonex believes:
1. All Asian Americans should, if not have, the same opinion.
2. Differing opinions from Asians Americans are due to them being told to bear it and not rock the boat. They felt the need to conform.
3. All Asian Americans have the same experiences.

EDIT: And then you get the complaint that Gygax and co did a pastiche of all asian cultures to produce OA meanwhile you have a poster painting all AA with one really broad brush.
Are you okay?

What evidence do you have to your first proposition that an Asian American community exists? I understand that people act like it is true, but is it true in reality? Does the act of believing something is true make it true?
Google it.
Asian American Community Services is one of the first results.
There is Asian Americans United.
There are at least 20 Asian American Organizations.
Trying to not believe it exists. Does not make it so.

No. That is how they are raised. As immigrants. I have witnessed this. Some friends have told me this. Anecdotal. But it seems to be cultural. Ingrained. Not to make waves.
Anecdotal evidence is still evidence. As are the experiences of those individuals raised with (ingrained) religious beliefs, who choose to turn away from them later in life.

Last edited:

Google it.
Asian American Community Services is one of the first results.
There is Asian Americans United.
There are at least 20 Asian American Organizations.
Trying to not believe it exists. Does not make it so.
Those only prove that humans act as if they exist. I'm not denying that many act that way. I'm considering whether they are factually justified in acting that way.

Edit: Also, I would like to add, I believe the organizations exists. But their existed is predicated on the existence of an underlying Asian American community. I am questioning the existence of the latter.

Last edited:

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
Those only prove that humans act as if they exist. I'm not denying that many act that way. I'm considering whether they are factually justified in acting that way.
I don't mean to be rude, but

What the actual hell point are you trying to make?

Are you saying "There is no overaching all-encompassing group of Asian Americans"? Because, yeah, I think everyone knows that. But are you then trying to use that to say that "We cannot acknowledge the possible shared experience of several ones, reported anecdotally, until such time there is"? Because that is such a stupid point I hope you're not, but the mess tween yourself and other posters up-thread is such a entangled mess I literately cannot get any other meaning out of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads