Dungeons & Dragons in E.T. (movie)

grodog

Hero
The quotation from Gary is interesting: I thought I'd heard Gary lay the blame for the no-go for using D&D in ET at the feet of the Blumes vs. him making that decision. That ring any bells to anyone else??

Orius

Legend
The game was tunnels and trolls. I think they couldn't get the rights to D&D.

But, how is that a stretch? Thats a huge amount of film time.

Is the portrayal of the kids playing realistic, basically.

Exactly. It was over my head when I first saw it in 1982, but seeing it later I knew right off it was D&D more or less (yeah, technically it was T&T, but it looks like D&D on the surface).

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I think everyone is missing the obvious.

Judging by the sheer dullness and board game-like nature of the game depicted in that scene, it becomes readily apparent that E.T. clearly brought a copy of 4e back from the future and gave it to these kids to play. ;)

B-)

Judging by the sheer dullness and board game-like nature of the game depicted in that scene, it becomes readily apparent that E.T. clearly brought a copy of 4e back from the future and gave it to these kids to play. ;)

B-)

Oh noes! You went there.

Thread closure sensors activated.

Countdown initiated.

renau1g

First Post
How would you classify the OD&D Gary Gygax tribute in the recent Futurama movie (Bender's something or other, can't remember title). that was relatively mainstream and quite recent at that...

Don't forgot he was also in one episode of the show:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbLrdwZ9WhI]YouTube - D&D&F (Dungeons and Dragons and Futurama)[/ame]

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Apparently "the obvious" is "more edition warring".

Missing it or not, we don't need it, especially not in the holiday season. Please don't bring it back here again. Thank you.

Remove ads