• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Duplicating Classes in a Party

LWDLiz

First Post
The bard is THE premier buffer and a decent combatant. Not much like a sorcerer, more a sort of cleric/rogue mix in my experience. But yes, you could focus on enchantment and make a sorcerer-ish controller bard - and probably feel a bit weaker than a specialized enchanter sorcerer. You still have your performance buffs, however, and those are stellar. Multiple bards work but are not optimal - performance bonuses don't stack with each other, but they can overlap.

I agree wholeheartedly. I currently play a bard in two games. One game it is my sole character and pretty low-level. Playing a low-level bard can be tough sometimes, because you aren't that great in melee and your buffs sort of help. However, the second bard I play is actually my main character's first-mate. We are leveled up pretty high and he can make or break the success of a combat. The group made fun of my bard for a while, but they soon recognized his usefulness. I never let them live it down when we got silenced in one combat and they began lamenting the fact that they did not have their usual buffs.

Remove ads