• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dwarven Urgrosh

elawai

Community Supporter
Hope this is the right board – sort of a unique request/question.

We are starting the Christmas present buying period for our D&D group. One of the guys loves collecting weapons. The second part of the equation is that for our next Forgotten Realms campaign (which will start soon after Christmas), his dwarf will be using a dwarven urgrosh. Well, we haven’t found a pre-made weapon that quite meets the specs of the urgrosh. So, basically my request is “Does anyone know someone who makes custom axes and spears, and could put together a dwarven urgrosh?” Doesn’t need to be fancy, needs to be at a reasonable price.

Another question would be if there is a good way to add dwarven runes to the haft of the weapon or to the blades of the weapon without spending tons of money?

Tetsubo

First Post
elawai said:
Hope this is the right board – sort of a unique request/question.

We are starting the Christmas present buying period for our D&D group. One of the guys loves collecting weapons. The second part of the equation is that for our next Forgotten Realms campaign (which will start soon after Christmas), his dwarf will be using a dwarven urgrosh. Well, we haven’t found a pre-made weapon that quite meets the specs of the urgrosh. So, basically my request is “Does anyone know someone who makes custom axes and spears, and could put together a dwarven urgrosh?” Doesn’t need to be fancy, needs to be at a reasonable price.

Another question would be if there is a good way to add dwarven runes to the haft of the weapon or to the blades of the weapon without spending tons of money?

I can't help you with the weapon itself. But adding runes to a wooden haft can be done with a woood burning tool. An engraver could be used on the metal.

One suggestion for making your own Urgosh. Buy a spear head, buy an axe head, put the two on a shaft. A friend gave me a great axe once on a very cheap and ugly shaft. I just mounted it on a hardwood shaft, stained it and added a butt-cap. It looks much better. I didn't need anything other than hand held tools. You could also wrap the shaft with leather or use brass tacks as accents. There are many sites online that sell both axe heads and spear heads. It would be a great project.

elawai

Community Supporter
Looks Like We Made A Purchase..

One of the other members of our group, made a purchase of a dwarven axe from Ebay for our buddy. Thanks for the help. I just want anyone to have to go to any more efforts for us since our money is spent.
I'm not as satisfied with the end product as I wanted to be though. It would have been nice if we could have put together something that was exactly per the description of urgrosh - but then that might have been over our budget :rolleyes:

Remove ads