• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet" D&D (v1.11)

Lairythian

First Post
HP calc bug?

How is HP calculated?

Reason I ask is PHB states class+con, but no matter what I choose the HP is more than what it should be.

Example... 1st Level Human Fighter, w/Con 14 has a +2 modifier so I would expect the Fighters class HP base of 15 + Con mod, in this case a +2 would be an HP of 17, but the spreadsheet calc's out at 29!

Any ideas?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Hit points are calculated on the amount per class . . . plus your constitution SCORE. therefore, 15 for class plus 14 for Con score equals the 29.

Keia

sirtayls

First Post
Lairythian said:
How is HP calculated?

Reason I ask is PHB states class+con, but no matter what I choose the HP is more than what it should be.

Example... 1st Level Human Fighter, w/Con 14 has a +2 modifier so I would expect the Fighters class HP base of 15 + Con mod, in this case a +2 would be an HP of 17, but the spreadsheet calc's out at 29!

Any ideas?
I made the same mistake when I was first making characters until someone pointed out it was base HP plus con SCORE not con MODIFIER.

Hambot

First Post
Belorin said:
Great sheet!
However, on the attack tab when you input a range in the range field; ex. 5/10 or even 5-10 you get a date, May 10. Just FYI.

Bel

Belorin, just type ' before entering 5/10 so excel knows you aren't trying to enter a date. It won't display the extra ' that you typed either.

Thank you so much to whoever wrote this sheet. It is totally awesome. I love how it displays all the numbers added together for BAB and skills. I'm still learning the new rules, so having it all spelled out clearly allows easy adjustment for using a power with a different weapon. My girlfriend picked it all up really quickly. I also gave her powercards which she used at first, but once she got the hang of what the powers did, she relied only on her character sheet, so excellent job done there.

One question though - how do you get something to display on the ranged basic attack and melee basic attack fields on the RHS halfway down on character sheet 1? I input the data into the powers sheet that happily spat out the numbers for BAB, but the corresponding basic attack stuff had to be entered by hand. Was this the intent?

Ariaya

First Post
thank you so much for sharing this! I did notice a couple of issues as I built my Tiefling Warlock ... For the tiefling fire resistance you don't round down for the level bonus. Also, on the Tiefling trait Infernal Wrath is mis-spelled as "Infernal Wraith" and it's missing a note about the Con bonus being added to damage.

Very very cool! Thanks!

warderbrad

Explorer
I understand and respect the desires of Matthias and Anna in what they want the sheet to do. However I am one that doesn't want to do a lot of typing to make a character, most specifically in the areas of the powers and the attacks tab. My usual use for something like this is either for an NPC I need fast or a backup PC when mine dies, and you have to get them done quick. I have spent the last day and a half entering all the data from the PHB powers and am in the process of redoing the entire attacks tab to simplify the coding (no offense Anna I am very respectful of what you have done here). When I am done I will share the end result with anyone who wants it but I won't post it here as it would compete with Matthias and that is not what I want.

Hambot

First Post
The Rogue Weapon talent isn't included at the moment. (+1 proficiency for daggers)
The increased damage dice for shuriken is manually chosen anyway.

Warderbrad, I would want that altered spreadsheet for NPC generation, but I also want to keep supporting Matthias and Anna because these things need to be maintained, otherwise they stop being so useful once the splats come out.

Remove ads