• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet" D&D (v1.11)

Here is a bug I have found. Under the Arcane Initiate feat, you should be able to choose a wizard at-will power, but it doesn't let you. It also seems like this power should be added to the Powers sheet.

Also, the Arcana skill should be granted under the Arcane Initiate feat, but it doesn't get checked in the skills sheet. This is necessary for you to pick the Ritual Caster feat.

Edit: Arcane Initiate also doesn't open the possibility for taking the Expanded Spellbook feat.

It also seems like the Power Swap Feats are not functional yet. These might open the Expanded Spellbook feat.

Anyway, thanks for all the work. This is amazing.

Last edited:

GorTeX

First Post
nice work so far!

It'd be nice to split damage up on two lines tho..one for the [W] and one for the +Ability. (just annoying having to edit the cell when my str changes or I change weapon or number of [W] used for a power)

<removed..was looking at 1.07 for this comment>

Pit Fighter adds 1/2 level, not level, to damage when using an action point.

My Armor is listed in the equipment section, but my shield is not (have to put that there manually)

Multiclass: Initiate of the Faith. On the Character sheet, the Healing Word power is listed in 3 places, two of them are erroneous:
1) under class features: listed as being 1/encounter (should be 1/day)
2) Under multiclass: Cleric (same section, but new list), 1/encounter again
3) under feats: correctly lists it as 1/day

Last edited:

chris.crouch

Explorer
OO Calc fixes

I love your sheet!

I've had a go at getting it to work better with Openoffice Calc.

Pretty much all of the problems stem from OOCalc being fussier about the distinction between an empty cell and a 0, false or empty string.

3.0 Beta only needs 2 changes on the "Armor _ Equipment" tab:

AD31: =VLOOKUP(IF(LEFT(SMaterial;1)="*";"";IF(SMaterial="";"";SMaterial));$AC$15:$AD$27;2;FALSE())

AB52: =IF($C$6="";0;VLOOKUP($C$6;$ExportSheet.$A$49:$F$68;3;FALSE()))

OO 2.4 is much fussier. It needs zeros put in empty cells on:
Export Sheet, C9
Class Overview, N4:U40
Class Overview, B5:J68
Race Overview, rows 22:39, 41,43,45,47

I hope you decide to at least semi-officially support OO Calc!

[For those who want to try these changes at home, you'll need to understand Format/Column/Show to get at the hidden columns on the Armor sheet; Format/Sheet/Show to get at the hidden sheets; and Tools/Protect Document/Sheet to edit protected sheets]

Thanks,
Chris

silentounce

First Post
chris.crouch said:
I love your sheet!

I've had a go at getting it to work better with Openoffice Calc.

Pretty much all of the problems stem from OOCalc being fussier about the distinction between an empty cell and a 0, false or empty string.

3.0 Beta only needs 2 changes on the "Armor _ Equipment" tab:

AD31: =VLOOKUP(IF(LEFT(SMaterial;1)="*";"";IF(SMaterial="";"";SMaterial));$AC$15:$AD$27;2;FALSE())

AB52: =IF($C$6="";0;VLOOKUP($C$6;$ExportSheet.$A$49:$F$68;3;FALSE()))

OO 2.4 is much fussier. It needs zeros put in empty cells on:
Export Sheet, C9
Class Overview, N4:U40
Class Overview, B5:J68
Race Overview, rows 22:39, 41,43,45,47

I hope you decide to at least semi-officially support OO Calc!

[For those who want to try these changes at home, you'll need to understand Format/Column/Show to get at the hidden columns on the Armor sheet; Format/Sheet/Show to get at the hidden sheets; and Tools/Protect Document/Sheet to edit protected sheets]

Thanks,
Chris

Awesome, I hope they include this. If not I'll do it myself. I knew it had something to do with zeros because of the errors that were coming up but I didn't feel like bothering with it.

Also, I forgot to thank the original creators in my former post. It looked great even when it had the few problems!

Amurayi

Explorer
Thanks for all the support, guys! We'll look into all issues brought up.
Anna, the Excel guru of our team, didn't work a lot with Open Office so far but yesterday I saw her playing around with it. There are some functions OpenOffice hates like SVERWEIS and DVERWEIS (german excel lingo). Maybe we'll find a workaround. As we have no macros whatsoever, which is a great boon, it would be really great to have it working for Open Office, too.

MMKyt

First Post
Half-elf extra power is not added in the charsheet.
The First Favorite Powers (RANGED BASIC ATTACK) by default Eldritch Blast, in independence of a class.

warderbrad

Explorer
PrecociousApprentice said:
Here is a bug I have found. Under the Arcane Initiate feat, you should be able to choose a wizard at-will power, but it doesn't let you. It also seems like this power should be added to the Powers sheet.
the power is chosen via the feats tab right with the Arcane Initiate Feat, however you are right that it does not add it to the list of powers known, it does add it to the list just above "Class / Path / Destiny Features" I will look at how it can be added to the "At Will" list

Also, the Arcana skill should be granted under the Arcane Initiate feat, but it doesn't get checked in the skills sheet. This is necessary for you to pick the Ritual Caster feat.
If you look at the column to the left of where you put the x to designate a trained skill you will see if a skill is a class skill, or not and if the skill is automatically trained (some classes give automatic skills beyond the ones you choose) once the feat is chosen it changes Arcana to "trained"

Edit: Arcane Initiate also doesn't open the possibility for taking the Expanded Spellbook feat.
In 1.09 it does make the Expanded Spellbook feat become available as long as you qualify for it, however you pretty much have to to be able to qualify for the Arcane Initiate feat too. However, I will have to read more on this to see how a non-primary wizard would make use of this feat as they don't have any daily wizard spells to expand on. It may be that they get a single daily wizard spell but that seems broken as it would increase the number of daily powers by 1 which is not what the feat is trying to do.

It also seems like the Power Swap Feats are not functional yet. These might open the Expanded Spellbook feat.
it appears that the data validation to make the list for the new powers is not done yet, I will look more into that when I get home from work.

Remove ads