Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet"

Amurayi

Explorer
Heya guys,

we created our dynamic "Wiesbaden Charactersheet" D&D 4.0 for everyone.

Here is the full dynamic Excel version. It has a LOT of options. You should be able to create any kind of character based on the PHB and the MM alternate race options. It has two different character sheet designs, power cards (also 2 designs), initiative, table tent and magic item cards you can fill in. You still need the PHB for the exact details of the powers and rituals tough:
http://www.nzcomputers.net/heroforge/default4e.asp
Current Version: 1.12
Out soon: v.1.13

Please note that even though we could we won't programm in all the powers for copyright issues. You still need the the original sources like the PHB or Dragon magazine issues to know what the powers do.

PDF version incl. Power- and Magicitem Cards:
http://www.lemonbutter.com/dnd/DnD4Charsheet.zip

Updates will be under the same links.

If you find any bugs or misspelled terms or words please post them in this thread or send them to the e-mail adresses provided in the ZIP file. We really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Amurayi

Explorer
:area: Version 1.13 WITH TONS OF NEW FEATURES!: RELEASED 08-12-08
New features:
- NEW: New alternative landscape sheet recommended for advanced players. Optimized for US letter and DIN A4. All infos you need to play on a single sheet!
- NEW: Table tent for you character. On the back: Quick infos to ease up gameplay for you
- NEW: Extra bonuses page: Add all benefits you gain from party members to your sheet
- NEW: Living Forgotten Realms Advancement tracker
- More custom fields for homebrew rules
- Updated Warforged race from Dragon Mag #364
- Added Paragon Paths, Epic destinys, Feats and Powers from Dragon Magazin #364 and #365
- Added Artificer playtest class from Dragon Mag #365
- You can also add [W] in the damage fields instead of i.e. 1d8
- Forgotten Realms regional benefits implemented
- Added Drow, Genasi races from Forgotten Realms Player's Handbook
- Added Swordmage class (level 1-3) from Forgotten Realms Player's Handbook
- Added official Living Forgotten Realms Deities
- Added "Dark" pact for Warlocks from Forgotten Realms Player's Handbook
- Added new rituals from Dragon Mag #366
Design changes:
- Improoved Initiative card now in trading card size! Can now be hung on DM screen also!
- Adjusted a lot of terms to fit better to the upcoming LFR campaign
- Smoothed out design for power sheets (2 designs possible: trading card size for powers or broad sized so more fit onto one page)
- "Daily item power uses" moved to first charsheet page so you don't need to flip pages in gameplay.
- Added "Opportunity attack" as attack option
- Removed option to pick a weapon you designated in the ATTACKS tab in the equipment tab (was only accesible in Weapon 1 slot)
Bug fixes:
- Minhor spelling isseus fixed
- Feats bonuses don't stack anymore (Yay!)
- Initiative card passive values fixed
- Multiclass feat option now work as intended
- Override field for languages now works as intended
- Warpriest extra damage now rounds is intended
- Devastating Critical now adds 1d10 as intended
- Deadly Axe updates crit damage as intended

:area: Version 1.14: RELEASED 08-12-08
Bug fixes:
- Fixed "Zirkelbezug" error
- Rogues benefit from Short sword proficiency

:area: Version 1.15: RELEASED 08-15-08
New features:
- Added "Alchimist" feat option
- Added "Formula" tab for alchimists
- Added Rituals from FRCS (they are evil, but hey, you never know where your path will lead you to...)
Design changes:
- To make it work for Excel users with version older than 2007 we seperated the main file into two smaller ones
- removed gender selection
- Errata: Brew Potion is now a level 1 ritual
Bug fixes:
- Spelling issues
- Feat: "Jack of all trades" fixed
- class features show correctly on char sheet 2 again
- Armor check penalty is not transported correcty to the pro sheet for the custom skill
- Swordmage class fixed
- Eladrins get their racial bonus to dex again
- Wizards have their correct weapon proficiency shown on charsheet 2
- Warlord weapon prof. fixed
- Wizard's "Staff of Defense" now works as intended
- Race Override is now shown correctly on the Inicard
- Damage on the Pro sheet now works as intended: Write ydx (i.e. "2d6" or "1d8" if you want it to show the exact dice, or write y[W] (i.e. "1[W]) if you want to be flexible to use differnet weapons with your powers, which is the recommended method)
- fixed Misc Bonuses for attacks
- the Power Time selection is no longer locked on the Prosheet

:area: Next Version TO BE RELEASED
New features:
Design changes:
Bug fixes:

:bmelee: NOT A BUG!
- The bonus to saving throws (Human feat) is not listed on the char sheet. Fort, Ref, Will are NOT saving throws anymore!
- Skill bonus for humans and eladrins is already included in the amounts of skill you can choose. Skills you are automatically trained with are preselected as trained for you.
- Wizards DO NOT get an extra Utility power with expanded spellbook
- Make sure you scroll up and down in the pop-up menus. You might miss an option you can pick!
- There ARE magic items which give bonuses to ability checks (see the Gauntlets of Ogre power for instance!)

:bmelee: Known issues:
- The Drop-Down menus in the landscape and power card sheets are very tiny. Yeah, we know. We hate it, too! Blame Microsoft!
- Minor issues with Open Office
- The yellow fields indicate which fields you cen edit in the charsheet. However these fields will also print yellow on a color printer.
- The charcheets are optimized for DIN A4. If you use US letter make sure you select the "Fit to page" setting in you rprinting window
- If you select "Pact Initiate" it shows the pact type not the power you gain

:bmelee: Things we like and probably won't change:
- Power and damage fields don't generate their values automatically. For this we would have to program every power. It would be possible but we won't do this to avoid legal issues.
- Adding the full powers might be a step to far to get in trouble with the WotC legal department. We won't cross this line.
- All PHB Potions are listed in backpack. Just add the number of potions you have next to it. Sell price is per potion. Only because they are listed it doesn't mean you have them. :) If you don't like the potions just delete the fields (they are editable)
- No fields for ammunition is a good thing (Do you REALLY count your shot arrows?)
- No fields for character looks, background or traits. You visualize this in your head anyway. We consider doing an extra "fluff" page in the future though.
- Worshipping a specific god isn't recognized as a prerequisite for the Channel Divinity Feats. This way you can use the Override field for custom gods from other settings.
- Using a "staff" (opposed to a "quarterstaff") does not add a proficiency bonus to a Melee Basic attack power (used with Str). Use the Override field to circumvent this or pick "Quarterstaff" if you do Melee attacks with your staff implement.
- "Charsheet page 2": "Class powers" don't list the extra Daily powers Wizards aquire.
- No "Weight" fields. Ask your DM to stop being so anal if he burdens you to keep track of something like this.

Last edited:

Amurayi

Explorer
NEWS 08-12-08

Ok guys,

version 1.13 is out. We will watch this thread closely to see fi you can spot any new bugs. We added a A LOT of new features so one or two things might have slipped through. :)

After GenCon you will be able to download it from http://www.nzcomputers.net/heroforge/default4e.asp. Mean while use the direct link provided in my latest post.

Last edited:

Ganadai

First Post
I love your work, but I have two small requests...

1) Could you add the RPGA regions and possibly there benefits too?

2) You might want to change the link from the website to point to this new thread.

Keep up the great work!!! :)

I love your work, but I have two small requests...

1) Could you add the RPGA regions and possibly there benefits too?

2) You might want to change the link from the website to point to this new thread.

Keep up the great work!!! :)

I would agree. Would it be possible to add these or a "N/A" choice if you are not playing LFR (which I will be, but when I'm not DMing, we won't).

Also, any plans to add the basics for the swordmage until next month when the Player's Guide to the Forgotten Realms comes out?

Oh yeah, I LOVE your sheet! It's the only one I use!

Amurayi

Explorer
Well currently there are only like 3 levels of the swordmage out. Shouldn't we wait until it's fully published?

If you are not playing LFR then simply do not enter a homeregion or use the override field.

Does anyone have a list of official Faerun gods already confirmed to appear in the FRCS? I mean I *have* the full list. Just need to know what's already official. ;)

Oh yeah, another Excel question: We have some trouble with graphics (DnD logo) adjusting themselves irratically. Does anyone know how to fix them in an Excel field?

Yarthok

First Post
Thanks for all the hard work! This has made 4e char generation a breeze for my rpg group.

I made a Ranger character and noticed one of the ranger encounter powers was misspelled.

"Thunertusk Boar Strike"....Loses some of it's thunder :D
Cell $Encounter.E10

I have converted your worksheet to work for openoffice (at least for my ranger). Most of the changes made involve specifying FALSE in tables or changing blank table cells to have some value (zero), and mostly on the 'Race Overview' sheet. I'm not a openoffice guru, but it appears that oocalc is strict about requiring explicit conversion between text and numbers, so in a few places I needed to use VALUE(x) to get oocalc to convert strings to numbers.
I don't own excel, so I don't know if my changes would break your version. This conversion was easier than v11, maybe it gets easier with practice.

Again, thanks for the excellent work. Looking forward to the next version!

GorTeX

First Post
A suggestion, fairly minor, but helps with tracking XP/Money...

On the Xp/Money tab. Lable the 1st line as 'Creation', unlock the date, and change the formula in from "IF(C7="","",H6-J6)" to "IF(C6="","",H6-J6)"

bmcdaniel

Adventurer
Any idea when v13 will be ready? I love the sheet but have been holding off making LFR characters for Gen Con in the hopes that v13 will be ready. But we're getting close...

BMM

Remove ads