• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eadric et. al. (The Paladin and his Friends).

Greybar

No Trouble at All
The feats that freeze in power like that are annoying. As a GM I would probably at least entertain the idea that those feats should grow with the character. -John

DanMcS

Explorer
So, what were the items Ortwin lost when he died? Dread Gilthia, his flying shoes. There was a mention of a cloak, but I never really thought of a magical cloak as being among his signature items, what was it?

Mostin is recommending a frontal assault? Do they all remember what happened the first time he recommended a frontal assault, and they teleported in to find a balor kibbutzing with Feezu, who then hunted him down across the plains, got killed, reformed in her simulacrum, and had to be hunted down and killed again, and that led to the /first/ time Ortwin died? I'm just saying, Mostin's plans have gone bad before.

Though if they went in there with many more gates prepared, and brought about a cascade of solars, that would probably work pretty well.

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
There was a mention of a cloak, but I never really thought of a magical cloak as being among his signature items, what was it?

A cloak of displacement (major). A pricey item. The rest of Shomei's gear is pretty valuable, too.

Mostin is recommending a frontal assault?

Time passes 7 times slower on Afqithan than elsewhere, which is a huge disadvantage to anyone defending the demiplane. If the party wanted to destroy the sidhe of Afqithan, they should base themselves on the Prime and launch hit and run assaults on Afqithani targets. If that was their goal, that is. What *is* their goal in Afqithan, anyway?

Their initial goal (annoying Graz'zt) has been completed. Right now they need to get their gear back, and decide how they want to prosecute the campaign against Graz'zt. Specifically, what their relationship with Soneillon should be.

Should they care who is Queen in Afqithan? They might be able to negotiate for their stuff back. Though they may have to demonstrate the effectiveness of their hit and run tactics first.

Suldulin

First Post
though this is probally too late it 'twould be an interesting development if one of the devils went about purchasing the lost equipment. . .

Lombard

First Post
I ran some quick searches through my archives, and didn't come up with any really good descriptions of Eadric.

Tall, long-limbed - more rangy than heroic in build. He's 6'1" and weighs 190#. As of his mystical encounter with Rintrah, Eadric wears a beard - it varies between well groomed and straggly/unkempt, depending on how long he's been away from his mirror and a bathroom. His hair is shoulder length and tawny - worn in a braid when he is 'getting down to business.' His chin is neither too strong nor too weak, although the beard covers this anyway. His nose is long and straight, and his eyes are brown - or maybe hazel. His expression is generally open and trusting.

His coat of arms is a three-headed silver phoenix on a coat of deep azure: one head looks left, one right, and one straight ahead. He wears this on his surcoat, over the Skin of Sarth: field armor with narrow, parallel fluting and high gorget (Maximilian style). His shield is mirror-like. He wears a close helmet with a bellows visor. He often wears a faded blue cloak (originally the same color as his tabard but with no design), kind of muddy and tattered around the hem

Lukarn is 4 1/2ft or so long, tip to pommel: a parallel edged sword with a wide crosspiece perpendicular to the blade and a shallow fuller. It is pattern-welded in an archaic style. Worn over his left shoulder.
Lukarn does not glow, unless commanded.

Beards are good. They pick up cosmic vibrations. Of course, I might be biased
:p

Just my 2cp.

Last edited:

Lombard

First Post
grodog said:
Thanks Lombard!

So, would a bearded version of the Jeff Dee image be close-ish, or is that just too far off for you? :D

Nah! He's too fantasy-heroic. I'd always thought of Ed as looking more normal and less like a Marvel Superhero.

grodog

Hero
I've been doing a little re-reading, and ran across this way back on page 1:

The first of the ‘New Wave’ of Mulissu’s spells…

Sep, have you created more of her dweomers that you could share with us?

grodog

Hero
Originally posted by Cheiromancer Also, can anyone think of a mechanism whereby we can pool our resources for the cost of the portraits? I didn't mind paying for the first two, but they could be commissioned faster if more financial resources were behind them.

Sorry Cheiromancer, I forgot to reply to this ages ago. Other than sending you a check from time-to-time, I don't see a way to pool resources, unless you create a Paypal donation account or something similar.

Any other [artist] ideas?

I recommend Richard Pace: he illustrated my two Living Greyhawk Journal articles, and creates very nice work. Check out his spash page at http://members.rogers.com/mysterium/
If Richard OK's it, I'll share some of the works in progress he's shown me (one in particular, stands out for me: a dragon assaulting a tower at night).

Dakkareth

First Post
What epic spells has Mostin's player in mind for when he gets that far?

Looking at his character sheet the DC would have to be at about 45 in order to be completely sure, higher if he got some spellcraft-boosting item. But otoh the DCs usually get ridiculously high, if one tries to recreate all effects faithfully and without resorting to NPC-only tricks :(
(Dark Subsumption, Limitless Reservoir)

Also as a planeshift is not sufficient to get to the Far Realm, does it work to get out of there? Because shunting offending enemies into the realm of bubbling and blaspheming insanity must certainly be a nice way of dispatching them and well within the usual levels of magic.

It could also be interesting to use an epic spell to translate a foe to the Far realm and keep him there. Unfortunately without mitigating factors the DC becomes rather high (transport 27, unwilling +4, touch to target +4, cast as standard action +20, ward +14, prevent gate +16 = 85) and the spell would still have to overcome SR and saving throw.

With Shomei's bracelet he could probably pull this off ... and after 24 hours in the far realms enemies won't be very happy ...

Still, an epic calling of pseudonaturals might be more gainly ...

Remove ads