• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Easily Found Book Titles?

Weird thing I noticed. When I go to get a book off the shelf, lots of my D&D and d20 titles have similar coloration. Tonight, the shelf was in shadow. I noticed I could easily find the following ones:

Oriental Adventures
Nyambe
Tome of Horrors

(Arcana Evolved was in my bag of course, otherwise I could find it by the red color and width.)

What do you find easily?

Turjan

Explorer
Varianor Abroad said:
What do you find easily?
Nothing. I have to remember on which shelf in which of three rooms it might be, or on the coffee table in the living room, or in one of the heaps in the study, or maybe even in the storage room.

In order to say something constructive: There's one book I can recognize even in complete darkness, and that's the original Arcana Unearthed :).

Varianor Abroad said:
What do you find easily?

Sitting 15 feet acroos the room from my shelves, here is what I can most easily pick out:

Dawnforge-big yellow spine
Adventure! d20-big, easy to read font on a red spine
Dragonomicon-spine color (cover art wraparound)
Ebberon-skull on spine, spine color
The Book of the Righteous-big, thick spine
Buffy Core Rulebook-puple spine, easy to read font on spine
Hero: Fantasy Hero-huge book
Spycraft-light grey spine with green lettering
Call of Cthulhu-Blue spine, Orange lettering

It probably helps that my books are arranged by publisher then theme, and I know where most are located (or should be located).

genshou

First Post
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
It probably helps that my books are arranged by publisher then theme, and I know where most are located (or should be located).
That's how I keep mine organized. I have a very messy room, but it's frightful how obsessively I thematically and then alphebetically sort my bookshelf.

Starman

Adventurer
genshou said:
That's how I keep mine organized. I have a very messy room, but it's frightful how obsessively I thematically and then alphebetically sort my bookshelf.

I'm the same way. I can find any of my books (well, except for the ones in boxes because I don't have enough shelves for them) within seconds, because they're all organized and I know exactly where they should be.

Remove ads